General What is the UK’s favourite traditional ‘weighed’ sweet?

• Thread starter OxfordYankee
  • Start date

What is the UK’s favourite traditional ‘weighed’ sweet?

• Cola Cubes

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Pineapple Chunks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bon-Bons

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Toffees

• Fudge

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Sherbet Lemons

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Chocolate Limes

• Liquorice Cuttings

• Cough Candy

• Jelly Beans

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Milk Bottles

• Rhubarb and Custards

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Liquorice Torpedos

• American Hard Gums

• Pear Drops

• Sour Apples

• Blackcurrant and Liqorice

• Chewing Nuts

• Midget Gems

• Sweet Peanuts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well they’ve got a Sherbert lemons so why not sherbet strawberry’s, come to think of it what about candy letters? Youngsters today!!!!!
There is a limit to the number of choices, Bazzer.

To be fair…

Winter Mixture also should be included?. Proper sweets.

Last edited:
Can't believe you can do a poll and not have Jelly Babies as a choice - I'm done with you.....

Used to get wine gums and cola cubes at G.H. Williams in headington. They would pick out the black and green ones for my mate… the fussy b****r

To be honest, I wouldn't take any vote on food from this forum with any sort of authority after this travesty of voting...

1675789223591.png

How the hell can Milk Choc Digestives be at the same level as the vastly superior Darks? The fact people are actually admitting to liking Rhubarb and Custards... wow.

To be honest, I wouldn't take any vote on food from this forum with any sort of authority after this travesty of voting...

View attachment 12050

How the hell can Milk Choc Digestives be at the same level as the vastly superior Darks? The fact people are actually admitting to liking Rhubarb and Custards... wow.
it takes (err) All Sorts

Aniseed Twist

Great band. Saw them at The Zodiac in '99.

They were supporting The Liquorice Torpedos (who were actually very disappointing - never the same once the lead singer left and went mainstream with The Bon-Bons IMO).

Seriously, wtf is this thread??? 🤣

Great band. Saw them at The Zodiac in '99.

They were supporting The Liquorice Torpedos (who were actually very disappointing - never the same once the lead singer left and went mainstream with The Bon-Bons IMO).

Seriously, wtf is this thread??? 🤣
This is where sane people come to debate the important issues of the day, rather than the Groundhog Day of 14,000 pages of ‘Robbo out’ posts with the same 25 contributors posting again and again and again…….

Personally, there’s only one choice for Robbo, the whine gum.