What do we know?

Can't recall suggesting Carabao are behind the takeover. What is fair to say, Tiger's associates are involved with Inter Carabao, hardly breaking news......

Tiger took over, OxVox talked about Jack early on and he's been at plenty of games and around the club and has met officers of the Trust. He's hardly lurking in the background.

OxVox were made aware of Pairoj very recently, the Trust is aware of the support he e re commercial advice to Tiger. Pairoj is off building his portfolio other clubs in Europe, whilst no doubt introducing the likes of Thai Airlines and Singha Beer to Oxford United.

Can't recall suggesting Carabao are behind the takeover. What is fair to say, Tiger's associates are involved with Inter Carabao, hardly breaking news......
Errrr, I think you did....
There is no dispute, the EFL pointed Carabao and members associated to Carabao towards Daryl Eales

As for this...
And for someone so anal about providing the forum with all the news on our Thai owner and his chums, surprised you missed the reference to the EFL introducing them to our football club.

http://www.oxvox.org.uk/minutes/oxvox-tiger-10nov2017/

What those minutes say is that Tiger "met DE shortly afterwards via mutual associates". Could that possibly have been DJ?! It certainly doesn't say it was the EFL. Those minutes also record Tiger as claiming to be a director of Carabao......

Tiger took over, OxVox talked about Jack early on and he's been at plenty of games and around the club and has met officers of the Trust. He's hardly lurking in the background.
Now, this is quite simply disingenuous, if not deliberately misleading. OxVox made no mention of Jack until AFTER the takeover had gone through.

OxVox were made aware of Pairoj very recently, the Trust is aware of the support he e re commercial advice to Tiger. Pairoj is off building his portfolio other clubs in Europe, whilst no doubt introducing the likes of Thai Airlines and Singha Beer to Oxford United.
Again, not really answering the question. And, yes, there may be an upside to his involvement, but to allow that to simply gloss over the concerns is ludicrous.

The EFL/Shaun H pointed Carabao and 'members associated to Carabao' (Yes that's Tiger.....he's an associate of Carabao as he worked alongside them at Reading.......I know, I can't believe it either) to Oxford United.

Blimey, one of the associates (Tiger) then bought Oxford United from Daryl Eales. For those who can't read, Myles, that doesn't equate to Carabao buying Oxford United.

Shame you weren't serving on the committee at that time........

Last edited:
aea49778f431a7e7db7ac279eb7bae47.jpg

For those who can't read, Myles, that doesn't equate to Carabao buying Oxford United.
Maybe so. Although I'm still waiting to see the minutes which clearly show that Shaun Harvey introduced Carabao to DE....

I flagged up the potential involvement of the Carabao "associates" back in October and I had people like accusing me of scaremongering because there was no evidence of them being involved. Indeed, there was even one individual criticising me for raising it at all as everything had gone quiet and any takeover was unlikely! Since then, it's been shown that not only was the takeover well advanced at that stage, but both "Jack" and Pairoj have been involved to some degree. Surely, it's unarguable that both of these come with some significant "baggage"? On that thread back in October, there were plenty of individuals on there who agreed that if they were involved, that would be cause for concern. In fact, here's a quote from that thread:

Do u have proof that any of these convicted money laundering associates will be involved? Yes or no will do.

I’m sure lots of people have some dodgy connections in their life. I seem to remember mark Ashton’s Past dealings in football brought up quite a lot.

If yes then that’s very interesting and I’ll be interested to hear what Oxvox think on the issue.

If no, then as I’ve said it’s a worse case scenario, that might be miles from fact. With the money man behind him actually being as clean as Juan

I like that tiger now “MAY” be taking over. Do u agree that the dodgy people mentioned “MAY” not even be involved

Hmm, I wonder who said that? And I wonder if they will now lobby for OxVox to tell members what they think on the issue?

Thought you were better than this sort of ad hom attack Simon...

For those who can't read, Myles, that doesn't equate to Carabao buying Oxford United.
Maybe so. Although I'm still waiting to see the minutes which clearly show that Shaun Harvey introduced Carabao to DE....

I flagged up the potential involvement of the Carabao "associates" back in October and I had people like accusing me of scaremongering because there was no evidence of them being involved. Indeed, there was even one individual criticising me for raising it at all as everything had gone quiet and any takeover was unlikely! Since then, it's been shown that not only was the takeover well advanced at that stage, but both "Jack" and Pairoj have been involved to some degree. Surely, it's unarguable that both of these come with some significant "baggage"? On that thread back in October, there were plenty of individuals on there who agreed that if they were involved, that would be cause for concern. In fact, here's a quote from that thread:

Do u have proof that any of these convicted money laundering associates will be involved? Yes or no will do.

I’m sure lots of people have some dodgy connections in their life. I seem to remember mark Ashton’s Past dealings in football brought up quite a lot.

If yes then that’s very interesting and I’ll be interested to hear what Oxvox think on the issue.

If no, then as I’ve said it’s a worse case scenario, that might be miles from fact. With the money man behind him actually being as clean as Juan

I like that tiger now “MAY” be taking over. Do u agree that the dodgy people mentioned “MAY” not even be involved

Hmm, I wonder who said that? And I wonder if they will now lobby for OxVox to tell members what they think on the issue?

Thought you were better than this sort of ad hom attack Simon...

I wonder if its the same person who you asked to form a joint campaign with u to run for the committee this time round ?
U know Myles , if u had actually put ur name forward you could be lobbying for it yourself right now couldnt u !

As of yet I’ve not met either of them. And as an ordinary fan speaking I can still see a massive difference between being “involved” and being an “advisor”. Christ even stewart seems to have some dodgy associates these days. I wonder if readytogo.net has a beware of methven thread yet. I’m sure the Mackem myles will be very uneasy about being associated with a director with such a fine choice of words on fans forums.

Anyway that’s my personal opinion seeing u wanted to drag me into it.

For any further questions please do email enquiries@oxvox.org.uk and I’ll happily look into it for you. If you could clearly state if your now more worried that they are involved and we have money, or are not involved and we have none, that would be great.

Cheers

I wonder if its the same person who you asked to form a joint campaign with u to run for the committee this time round ?
U know Myles , if u had actually put ur name forward you could be lobbying for it yourself right now couldnt u !
Yep, an offer that was made in good faith and was supported by the then-chairman. You didn't seem keen, so I didn't press it. No biggie.

As of yet I’ve not met either of them. And as an ordinary fan speaking I can still see a massive difference between being “involved” and being an “advisor”.
Yes, I'm sure you can......

Christ even stewart seems to have some dodgy associates these days. I wonder if readytogo.net has a beware of methven thread yet. I’m sure the Mackem myles will be very uneasy about being associated with a director with such a fine choice of words on fans forums.
Are you seriously trying to suggest Charlie's often less-than-polite responses on here are the same as being an associate of convicted money-launderers?

Drag you into it?! Christ, Dave, it's a bloody miracle when you don't chuck your tuppence-worth in!

For any further questions please do email enquiries@oxvox.org.uk and I’ll happily look into it for you. If you could clearly state if your now more worried that they are involved and we have money, or are not involved and we have none, that would be great.
How about rather than such an email, OxVox actually let members know what they are aware of? Who is actually involved and to what degree? What is the plan? Is this Tiger acting on his own and does he have the funds necessary to see it through? What are the thoughts on DE's mortgaging of the club's future income? etc etc

Yep, an offer that was made in good faith and was supported by the then-chairman. You didn't seem keen, so I didn't press it. No biggie.

As of yet I’ve not met either of them. And as an ordinary fan speaking I can still see a massive difference between being “involved” and being an “advisor”.
Yes, I'm sure you can......

Christ even stewart seems to have some dodgy associates these days. I wonder if readytogo.net has a beware of methven thread yet. I’m sure the Mackem myles will be very uneasy about being associated with a director with such a fine choice of words on fans forums.
Are you seriously trying to suggest Charlie's often less-than-polite responses on here are the same as being an associate of convicted money-launderers?

Drag you into it?! Christ, Dave, it's a bloody miracle when you don't chuck your tuppence-worth in!

How about rather than such an email, OxVox actually let members know what they are aware of? Who is actually involved and to what degree? What is the plan? Is this Tiger acting on his own and does he have the funds necessary to see it through? What are the thoughts on DE's mortgaging of the club's future income? etc etc

As it happens I’ve been posting a lot less, and tending to only comment on , on the pitch matters. You know just so there isn’t any risk of breaking confidentiality on the little I do know.

As to all those other questions, I’m pretty sure they have not only been given answers at the recent agm to mark, but also in recent Oxvox emails, letting members know exactly what we are aware of. It seems they’re just not quite the answers you were hoping for. But rest assured I want the best for my club as much as you, and if we do get any more answers we will pass them on to members .

And you are right , I didn’t seem keen, I’ll do it my way , but thanks for the offer

http://www.oxvox.org.uk/minutes/oxvox-tiger-10nov2017/
In summary, at the meeting on the 27th October, DE said that if a sale took place, he would retain a % of the club and that a Thai based businessman (Tiger) would take the majority % and therefore assume overall control of the club. DE stated that he had been in discussions with Tiger for some weeks and that the original introductions had been made by Sean Harvey from the EFL. Ian Lenagan was also aware of the introductions

I confirm I meet and spoke with Jack at the end of season awards dinner. He was happy to join us for a beer and a chat. Interesting guy. No hiding in the shadows.

Back
Top Bottom