Tickets Tickets for Cambridge Utd away

So, let's get there with enough time to sort ourselves out. Standing, singers etc to the middle behind goal, seated to the sides or at the front below standing. We all get to see the game and we all get to have a good day out. Mrs Lounger and I can stand for the game, if that's how it is but, honestly, we prefer to sit and jump up when excited. (she has the kiddie reins in full grip at all times, just in case I get flashbacks to London Road behaviour!)
As lovely as that sounds people will tip out of the pub as late as possible and stand where they like... although I generally find even the most inebriated "lad" will try there best not to block the view of my kids.... the view is crap at pitch level so I will always try to get a bit higher; albeit in the corner of the stand.

Seems reasonable...

Cambridge United Media

CambridgeUtdFC

With supporters set to return to the Abbey Stadium on Tuesday for Harrison Dunk’s Testimonial against QPR, it is vitally important that everyone plays their part to ensure that Cambridge United home games are a safe place for people to watch football...

The Club is asking all supporters to agree to the following pledge:

-I will not attend games at the Abbey Stadium if I am feeling unwell and/or have COVID symptoms. This may include Fever or chills, Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fatigue, Muscle or body aches, Headache, New loss of taste or smell, Sore throat, Congestion or runny nose, Nausea or vomiting, Diarrhoea
-I understand that the Club cannot eliminate the risk of COVID-19, therefore if I feel uncomfortable with the risk, I should not attend
-I will inform the nearest steward and leave the stadium immediately if I feel ill during the course of the game
-I will respect my fellow supporters and avoid unnecessary contact with people outside of my bubble, maintaining a safe distance from others where possible
-I will make a conscientious effort to be aware of others around me at all times, including when shouting, singing and celebrating
-I will maintain good hand hygiene and use the sanitizer dispensers provided and avoid any unnecessary contact with stadium objects
-I will ensure that when moving to and from my seat/position past other spectators, I will avoid face-to-face contact with others by passing back-to-back
-I will use contactless payments wherever possible
-I will only sit in the seat that matches my ticket though I understand I can move seat with the agreement of a steward if there is spare capacity around me, in order to allow more distance between me and other supporters
-I will follow the instructions of all staff members and stewards
-I will observe respiratory etiquette by covering my mouth if I need to cough or sneeze
-I will arrive in good time to follow all entry procedures and make sure that I know where my entry point is
-I will wear a face covering when moving into inside areas such as Hospitality, the Club Shop and Toilets

The Club also encourages supporters to wear Face Coverings when in outdoor areas of the stadium in-order to reduce any risk for yourself and for your fellow supporters.

Please follow the guidance and stay aware of the possible COVID-19 related risks that continue to exist so that the Abbey Stadium is a safe place to watch the U’s back in action.

Are we supposed to be wearing masks for the game or is it personal choice?

Forgive me for asking, and this is a genuine question, but why?
Both aged over 70 and Mrs HG was a 'shielder'. When we went to the Blackpool match several fans just in front of us us got quite excited about the team losing and were turning round and bellowing at the crowd to encourage them to get behind the team. Yelling and frothing at us from two rows away, but we understood why. So really just reducing the odds of us catching COVID rather than eliminating the possibility.

Last edited:
Both aged over 70 and Mrs HG was a 'shielder'. When we went to the Blackpool match several fans just in front of us us got quite excited about the team losing and were turning round and bellowing at the crowd to encourage them to get behind the team. Yelling and frothing at us from two rows away, but we understood why. So really just reducing the odds of us catching COVID rather than eliminating the possibility.
Fully appreciate your reasoning, MB. Thanks for your response.

You do know that is just not going to work? A typical mask will possibly prevent most of your own aerosol passed virus being passed on if you are lucky but, it's not going to do much about anyone else's being passed to you. If you have both been vaccinated then you have the best chance of remaining Covid safe or, at least protected from serious harm.
Most masks are not very, if at all, efficient. If you do use a cloth mask, at least make sure that you wash it regularly.

If someone feels safer by wearing a mask, then what's the issue? It's personal choice and it's not our business to question if someone wears a mask or if they don't.
I disagree. Wearing a mask is not to make one feel safer. It is to make others safer. If someone decides to wear a mask, fine but at least wear it knowing that it is functional. Simply pulling a piece of material over ones face is not making anyone safer, least of all the wearer if that mask has no function or worse is merely ensuring that any infection is given an environment in which to multiply.

A mask is not meant as a pacifier, it is designed to inhibit aerosol infection by the wearer. If you do not understand that simple premise then please, do not take it upon yourself to advise others.

How many actually change their mask regularly? How many wash their masks regularly?

Well I know Amersham Dave and I used to stand on opposite sides of the London Road when we were younger but then we travelled the OUFC journey together for many years. When he caught COVID and died it hit me hard and I've been wearing a mask ever since. It may be purely psychological but it makes me feel safer.

I disagree. Wearing a mask is not to make one feel safer. It is to make others safer. If someone decides to wear a mask, fine but at least wear it knowing that it is functional. Simply pulling a piece of material over ones face is not making anyone safer, least of all the wearer if that mask has no function or worse is merely ensuring that any infection is given an environment in which to multiply.

A mask is not meant as a pacifier, it is designed to inhibit aerosol infection by the wearer. If you do not understand that simple premise then please, do not take it upon yourself to advise others.

How many actually change their mask regularly? How many wash their masks regularly?

But they are entitled to wear what they like, and whether it is a pacifier or not is nothing to do with anyone else.

I am not advising anyone on what to wear, but equally I'm not so pompous to disregard the fact that for many the wearing of a mask makes them feel safer regardless of the science behind it.

It would be nice if people took a lateral flow test before going to the match instead of debating masks. That seems to be the most responsible thing to do. They are free and widely available but do it right.

It would be nice if people took a lateral flow test before going to the match instead of debating masks. That seems to be the most responsible thing to do. They are free and widely available but do it right.

I agree, I'm surprised that this isn't a requirement for all games. Easy enough to do and then everyone in the ground is at lowest risk possible of spreading Covid. I'll be doing a test before the game

You do know that is just not going to work? A typical mask will possibly prevent most of your own aerosol passed virus being passed on if you are lucky but, it's not going to do much about anyone else's being passed to you. If you have both been vaccinated then you have the best chance of remaining Covid safe or, at least protected from serious harm.
Most masks are not very, if at all, efficient. If you do use a cloth mask, at least make sure that you wash it regularly.
Am I allowed to wear one because I'm in a job coming into contact with lots of people who's personal hygeine is, probably at best, questionable and I want to attend the game with my dad who is at particular risk of the virus?

I have only just had the second jab which I realise makes me more fortunate than some and less fortunate than others.

I wouldn't want to put anyone at risk. I have regular lateral flow tests but still want to do everything I can to prevent transfer whilst still keeping some normal habits like attending football. If I'm lucky enough to have access to fresh, water resistant masks to do that then I shall.

Even if some like to belittle these efforts.

Am I allowed to wear one because I'm in a job coming into contact with lots of people who's personal hygeine is, probably at best, questionable and I want to attend the game with my dad who is at particular risk of the virus?

I have only just had the second jab which I realise makes me more fortunate than some and less fortunate than others.

I wouldn't want to put anyone at risk. I have regular lateral flow tests but still want to do everything I can to prevent transfer whilst still keeping some normal habits like attending football. If I'm lucky enough to have access to fresh, water resistant masks to do that then I shall.

Even if some like to belittle these efforts.

Completely agree. I work in a high risk occupation and test 4 times a week (2×PCR 2xLFD) and wear a mask throughout my working day. I'm also finding that I feel more comfortable wearing the same masks outside of work where I have close contact with others.

My choice to primarily protect others, but also to protect myself as I have done throughout the last 18 months.

Just for those who struggle with the mask concept...................
1627808513959.png
You are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom