Thohir

To be fair there is a bit of a difference between what he can do at Oxford with €200 million burning a hole in his back pocket than what he might not have been able to do with Inter trying to compete with Juve in Serie A, or with PSG, Real, Barcelona and Man City in trying to win the UCL again!!
I'll always wonder what anyone who isn't a rabid Oxford fan hopes to achieve by owning the club, but as we have no assets and are 24th in League 1 I don't think we have much to lose with this one!!!

Raises a load of questions:

Is Thohir coming in as minority share holder to assist with stadium stuff?

Is Thohir coming in as majority share holder, Tiger moving in to the back ground focussing on merch etc?

Are we going to muddle through for the next 3 weeks until Thohir *possibly* joins with KR?

If Thohir comes, and is in a majority holding will he be dismissing KR bringing in his own man.

All of the above would explain the silence. Surely directors would be feeding back to Tiger...along with Tiger watching for himself. I hope we aren’t just free wheeling

If Thohir does come in as the majority shareholder, then that might explain why Tiger’s not made any comment re; Robinson, and causing a bit of a shambles in terms of the 125th Anniversary events etc.

If Thohir does come in as the majority shareholder, then that might explain why Tiger’s not made any comment re; Robinson, and causing a bit of a shambles in terms of the 125th Anniversary events etc.

At the minute Im not sure if this is just Tiger's style or signs of stuff happening in the background.

At the minute Im not sure if this is just Tiger's style or signs of stuff happening in the background.

They said at the fans forum that big things were happening with this club and we should hear something within 3-4 weeks. Well the 3 weeks stage is up this weekend I believe, so hopefully something within the next week?

Having said that, they said we were going to sign Championship players or WOW signings and that we had the best management/coaching staff, and we know that’s a load of shite!

They said at the fans forum that big things were happening with this club and we should hear something within 3-4 weeks. Well the 3 weeks stage is up this weekend I believe, so hopefully something within the next week?

Having said that, they said we were going to sign Championship players or WOW signings and that we had the best management/coaching staff, and we know that’s a load of shite!

Exactly my point elsewhere. If there is nothing come the end of October then it would *appear* we are in for some dark times.

I suppose we have signed championship players...just not ones that can run or stay fit.

When KR joined last year he made a poor team defensively sound, grinding out wins. He can clearly do it, but im not sure a performance akin to Southend at the weekend will cut it vs Plymouth.

Mind you..you can sign championship/prem standard players but if they are past their best or untried/inexperienced then you are up ....creek without a serious hope.

Exactly my point elsewhere. If there is nothing come the end of October then it would *appear* we are in for some dark times.

I suppose we have signed championship players...just not ones that can run or stay fit.

When KR joined last year he made a poor team defensively sound, grinding out wins. He can clearly do it, but im not sure a performance akin to Southend at the weekend will cut it vs Plymouth.

I think last years squad is better than this one in terms of balance!

I have been reading up extensively on Thohir, defo a money man. DC United,Inter back east.
Always part of a group, stumps up the 10's or 100's of millions builds stadiums turn clubs around and sells for a profit.
One thing he does not like is paying through the nose is players payrolls! so exit at the top end champ into the prem (Dreamer alert!)

I predict magical times coming or an early exit if the planning does not come to fruition....
Interesting all the councils Local plans are being voted on soon! Housing on the agendas in the city.

Hopeful for some deal for a new stadium as hinted somewhere ... Why would he come, you only have to look a the DC United story!

I have been reading up extensively on Thohir, defo a money man. DC United,Inter back east.
Always part of a group, stumps up the 10's or 100's of millions builds stadiums turn clubs around and sells for a profit.
One thing he does not like is paying through the nose is players payrolls! so exit at the top end champ into the prem (Dreamer alert!)

I predict magical times coming or an early exit if the planning does not come to fruition....
Interesting all the councils Local plans are being voted on soon! Housing on the agendas in the city.

Hopeful for some deal for a new stadium as hinted somewhere ... Why would he come, you only have to look a the DC United story!

At this stage, I wouldn't mind someone coming in looking to sell for a profit, because no one would come in to do that at this moment in time unless they were confident they could sort out the now widely-publicised stadium quagmire.

Also, this might be the first time we've brought someone in with the power and money to make Kassam's fortune look like pocket money. Could this be the guy to finally put the slum landlord in his place?

Inter Milan on the pitch:
August 2012 Moratti sold Inter Milan to Thohir.

League finishes 2008-12 - 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 6th. Won the Champions League in 2010
League finishes 2013-2017 - 9th, 5th, 8th, 4th, 7th, 4th. Won fuck all.

Turned around by Thohir.

Inter Milan stadium:

Still share the 1925 San Siro stadium. Thohir has sold out before he might have to help pay for the ground to be renovated.

Turned around by Thohir.

Sells for a profit

2012 - Thohir buys 70% of Inter Milan for Euro 250m.

2018 - Thohir sells his shares in Inter Milan for Euro 200m

Turned around by Thohir.

Why wouldn't we want him. Just look at the success at Inter. Magical times my a**e

• React
Reactions: m

League finishes 2008-12 - 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 6th. Won the Champions League in 2010
League finishes 2013-2017 - 9th, 5th, 8th, 4th, 7th, 4th. Won fuck all.

Turned around by Thohir.

Inter Milan stadium:

Still share the 1925 San Siro stadium. Thohir has sold out before he might have to help pay for the ground to be renovated.

Turned around by Thohir.

Sells for a profit

Turned around by Thohir.

Why wouldn't we want him. Just look at the success at Inter. Magical times my a**e
Changing times in Italian football. Also states capital gain of 157 million euros

League finishes 2013-2017 - 9th, 5th, 8th, 4th, 7th, 4th. Won f**k all.

I think it's difficult to lay the entirety of the on-pitch results squarely on Thohir. Worth remembering for some of those successful years they had Mourinho in charge, famous for leaving clubs with ageing players and a stunting youth development system.

League finishes 2013-2017 - 9th, 5th, 8th, 4th, 7th, 4th. Won f**k all.

Turned around by Thohir.

Inter Milan stadium:

Turned around by Thohir.

Sells for a profit

Turned around by Thohir.

Are you comparing us to Inter Milan when it comes to serie A, champions league entry this year vs league2/1 & the Tinpot cup?
You serious!!! ?

San siro vs the Kassam ?

Now correct me if I'm wrong the quote of selling his shares for 200mill is this not the last 31%
He's already sold the rest earlier to Suning.
Apparently made 157million euro in his time

Back
Top Bottom