Thohir

You would imagine some of the Oxvox committee know, there are bound to others who know the prospective sites, it's not that big a secret and i'd be surprised if anything come of the 5 sites.

Why would you be surprised by the 5 sites or plans to rebuild elsewhere? Not only is there currently no commercial value in owning Oxford and virtually no chance of doing any deal with Kassam, but also the people Tiger is bringing in are all linked to property deals.

It might not be as easy as sticking a pin in a map and knocking up a quick stadium, but everything is pointing towards a new build or massive changes to the Kassam in the next few years. Why would you think otherwise?

Well, I'm convinced. Oxford City and Oxfordshire County Councils are suddenly keen to help OUFC find a new home on land that might otherwise be considered very expensive prime estate where they could fulfil their challenging housing targets. They're working with a bunch of magnates who have no interest in personal aggrandisement and are keen to make the most of the 'Oxford brand' purely for the benefit of the club and its fans.

Decades of disappointment make you kind of cynical.

I get the cynicism, and we've been led down these paths in the past. But not by people who appear to be only involved with the club in order to develop a stadium, and have the money to look at sites previously outside our reach. Of course, we had Kassam taking us on a journey, and this could be the same. But the option of staying put could kill any chance of real investment in the club and see us slip back to the dark days. A new build at least has a chance to give us a fresh start on better terms for the long haul.

I get the cynicism, and we've been led down these paths in the past. But not by people who appear to be only involved with the club in order to develop a stadium, and have the money to look at sites previously outside our reach. Of course, we had Kassam taking us on a journey, and this could be the same. But the option of staying put could kill any chance of real investment in the club and see us slip back to the dark days. A new build at least has a chance to give us a fresh start on better terms for the long haul.
I see a lot of guesswork in your posts, if's, but's and maybe's.
How do you know what these "new directors" are here for? you are guessing property.
At the moment we have no assets and pay the owner of the stadium the same as a player in the Championship in rent, to these people that is no biggie. How is that holding the club back?
The real investment in the club will be the ground unless you know different? so the council "give up" a prime piece of land to build a new stadium within the city limits, we (financiers) spend 10's of millions building the stadium on this prime land, are they going to charge us £300k a year in rent? what about any loans attached to the club building this fantastic stadium on the prime land? Have OUFC then got an asset?
I know this might not be a popular view, but I'm happy that we carry on paying the rent and then renegotiate the rent on more favourable terms, spending any money on getting the team up the leagues.
Does it not raise concerns with you why these property people are here? this all might be very honourable but as there is no obvious plan, no obvious direction the club is going it's hard to fathom, I would like to be able to watch my team for many years to come, putting the club and ground together is a worry to me.

How do you know what these "new directors" are here for? you are guessing property.
At the moment we have no assets and pay the owner of the stadium the same as a player in the Championship in rent, to these people that is no biggie. How is that holding the club back?
The real investment in the club will be the ground unless you know different? so the council "give up" a prime piece of land to build a new stadium within the city limits, we (financiers) spend 10's of millions building the stadium on this prime land, are they going to charge us £300k a year in rent? what about any loans attached to the club building this fantastic stadium on the prime land? Have OUFC then got an asset?
I know this might not be a popular view, but I'm happy that we carry on paying the rent and then renegotiate the rent on more favourable terms, spending any money on getting the team up the leagues.
Does it not raise concerns with you why these property people are here? this all might be very honourable but as there is no obvious plan, no obvious direction the club is going it's hard to fathom, I would like to be able to watch my team for many years to come, putting the club and ground together is a worry to me.
I do think that ultimately there are some fair and reasonable concerns here. Nobody knows the ins and outs but it’s only reasonable that there’s as much caution and concern as there is enthusiasm and hopefulness.

• React
Reactions: MJB
I’ve said it before I’ll say it again, I just want FK out of the future of OUFC. There may well be question marks over the motives of our new group of investors but let’s at least get rid of the one that we know for certain is bad news if we can.

The property people coming here is the same with Fizza. To make money off of it. Otherwise football clubs are just expensive vanity projects for rich fools (meant in the nicest possible way).

The issue with Fizza was the lack of oversight on building the stadium and what happened with the sockless toss pot

Any further whisperings on whether this is actually happening or not? I can’t remember if there was any date given at the FF

Any further whisperings on whether this is actually happening or not? I can’t remember if there was any date given at the FF
not that Im ITK in any way ...but didnt someone mention theres potentially some changes incoming on October 29th ??? ... think it was on rad ox although maybe I imagined it?

Tomorrow is Inter's shareholder's meeting where it is expected Thohir will step down and Suning's Stephen Zhang will step up as Chairman.
I assume as part of the process Thohir sells the last 31% of inter to Suning.

Nice to have a Saturday announcement..

Rad Ox did say the Match Day Restaurant was closing as it doesn't make money. So there is that bit of news

I'm doing 1893 club on Saturday with a few mates, seemed a good offer for Saturday at the reduced rate... but when that was announced at the end of August I didn't see any mention of the restaurant... so has it run all season?
As an example, for the Milk Cup 30th anniversary it was restaurant not bar... so previously that's what they've pushed rather than 1893 club.

I believe the restaurant has run for part of the season, but won't be there once the club take over concessions. But I may be wrong on that.

Well it's done, Steven Zhang is now president/chairman of Inter.

Now need a nice birthday announcement that we have a billionaire on the board!

Well it's done, Steven Zhang is now president/chairman of Inter.

Now need a nice birthday announcement that we have a billionaire on the board!
I don’t really understand the reason why any announcement would need to be delayed until after this happened. An overlap wouldn’t break any rules as far as I’m aware and Tiger said last week that the delay was due to a paperwork hitch, not his involvement at Inter. I’m starting to have my doubts.

Nor me, but I am only trying to think outside the box on why such a delay to announcing, maybe he needs input to the EFL? maybe he decided to close off Inter first before announcing for definite involvement OUFC as intimated by Tiger?

Who knows, it is just hypothesis on my part.
He might just change his mind and it will all come to nothing, but it does not explain the other two minted blokes sitting in the board room twiddling their thumbs!

We didn't have really have the Internet back in the mid-90s, nor forums. But was the prospective Juventus tie-up anything like this in terms of rumours? If I recall it was through Robin Herd's connections with March and there was even a black and white striped jersey prototype made?

We didn't have really have the Internet back in the mid-90s, nor forums. But was the prospective Juventus tie-up anything like this in terms of rumours? If I recall it was through Robin Herd's connections with March and there was even a black and white striped jersey prototype made?

There was that kit - it had a yellow Unipart logo on it - very fetching. The Fans Team (ahem) acquired it and played in it for about 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom