Matches The League 1 Promotion Run In

Sorry you boys didn’t manage to take it to the last day. What a crazy season this one has been. Wednesday were a decent outside bet for 2nd spot mid-week, 1 loss today and they’re not even in the playoffs!

Sadly I still fancy Wycombe to sh!thouse their way to victory at Wembley. Next years L1 will be even more competitive - most likely see you again then!

Sorry you boys didn’t manage to take it to the last day. What a crazy season this one has been. Wednesday were a decent outside bet for 2nd spot mid-week, 1 loss today and they’re not even in the playoffs!

Sadly I still fancy Wycombe to sh!thouse their way to victory at Wembley. Next years L1 will be even more competitive - most likely see you again then!
The Media have been drooling about them for 3 seasons now, the good old underdogs eh

We all backing Plymouth now for the play offs? Think Wigan will go up in the autos, would rather Rotherham go up than MK with them.

I reckon Plymouth will miss out, I think Sheffield or Sunderland will go up via the playoffs. But what do I know?

Seasons finished who gives a flying f##k what happens next week. Yes we gave it a right good go, but in reality we came up short. Gutted. Roll on transfer window, at least then we will have something meaning full to discuss and argue about.

Seasons finished who gives a flying f##k what happens next week. Yes we gave it a right good go, but in reality we came up short. Gutted. Roll on transfer window, at least then we will have something meaning full to discuss and argue about.

Exactly!

Couldn't care less who goes up, who doesn't, and who we face next season.

I see Peterborough have a goal difference of -45! Ouch

And they were promoted in 2021 with a GD of +37.

It maybe exposes Darren Ferguson’s level. Good enough for League 1 with his attacking flair massively exposed at the second tier.

The Media have been drooling about them for 3 seasons now, the good old underdogs eh

And yet for his achievements in keeping Wycombe in the league in 2013, securing two promotions, having almost 10 years at the same club and keeping them steady in League 1, no one from above wants to hire Ainsworth. I wonder why …

(No one from above wants Robinson either but that’s by the by. See ‘Robbo out’ thread for various thoughts on that matter.)

The top 11 is the strongest there’s ever been in League 1. The other 13 are very average at best..

Some of our results v them though..

Wimbledon 3-1 Oxford
Cheltenham 1-0 Oxford
Oxford 1-1 Gillingham
Oxford 1-1 Cheltenham
Lincoln 2-0 Oxford
Accrington 2-0 Oxford
Morecambe 2-1 Oxford

2 points from possible 21

First of all thanks to Jolteon for kicking off the thread and making it an enjoyable place to come and debate the incredible ( and for us at least) ongoing drama of this season.

Sorry you didn't make it to the final week although there is an element of relief that finally someone fell out of the race. Just a shame it was you and not those who everyone wants to avoid.

It is going to be a tough watch next week...we now know we have lost Camara for sure for that and the Play off semis if we get there, and Hardie went off early second half looking ineffective so he may have aggravated his injury although no news.

That said Broom and Garrick did well and Sessegnon has meant we have missed Joe Edwards less than I feared.

There are so many permutations that I am just going to chill until 10 Pm Tuesday when at least the games in hand have finally unwound. I am hoping that Sunderland lose by a Margi to impact the goal difference hand did to them by the somewhat unlucky ex Argyle youth Lloyd Jones being sent off ( wrongly it would seem) but you take the chances handed to you and I think Sunderland might have just enough following Tuesday to be favourites to join MK or Rotherham as the second PO team.

So much for chilling. That lasted a whole sentence. Best I can hope for from the Wendies Tuesday night is a draw ....can't see Fleetwood suddenly winning a game....and just reminds me we were 3-1 up at the end of the ninety and drew 3-3 there....but at least Pompey seem to be ending the season with a bit of a flurry.....so lets hope they are in full on party spoiling mode.

No-one is scoring loads which helps in that we have a two better GD than WW.

So 3-0 home win v the club stealers and then flame out in the semis......sounds about right! I mean we haven't conceded at home since February the 12th or something daft....and if Rotherham do win at the SOL on Tuesday you have to assume they might rest Twine Darling and Parrott.

Thanks for your company ...I have posted more on here than Pasoti in the last couple of months and you'll be more than welcome as temporary greens on Saturday.

COYG!

We all backing Plymouth now for the play offs? Think Wigan will go up in the autos, would rather Rotherham go up than MK with them.

Wigan, Rotherham and Sunderland/Sheff Wed. Rotherham because they're always a top team at this level, then a big budget out of the division via the play offs for next year.

Don't care about my opinion of the clubs or teams as much as I care about this division being as bad as possible next year.

Will be here Tuesday night to gloat after our win against FGR. Is that okay with everyone?
Enjoy your derby!

I definitely favour Plymouth of the remaining sides. But to be honest, anyone but Franchise.

And I selfishly hope Wednesday stay down as I haven't been to Hillsborough yet, and want the excuse.

Back
Top Bottom