Matches Tactics/Subs v Accy

Thomas/Brock/Jones

I'm normally quite supportive of KR , yesterday he got it so wrong in my opinion as to be untrue.
First half played well without creating lots of chances , Browne and Henry bit disappointing.
Second half similar vein but then those two combine to see Henry score , excellent confidence boost for both .
8 minutes later Henry gets taken off ! Surely give him an extra 10 / 15 mins after scoring if pre arranged?
Bodin comes on ...means swapping Browne to R/W while Bodin goes L/W . Unsettling / unbalanced the team.
We are winning 1-0 , don't need to do anything to push for a goal , just see the game out.
Accy huff and puff but not looking dangerous.
15vmins to go , 1-0 up away at a tough place to go, battle and 3 points against a limited side.
Bate ( one of our best performers off , maybe Gorrin on to shore midfield up makes sense) but no ....Long on goes r/b , Browne off as well . Murphy on !
Anderson goes r/w , Murphy lacking match practice L/W ....Bodin into the midfield!!
More unnecessary changes of formation.
We are 1-0up ,need to battle hard and we are playing Bodin on in the cm with Murphy on wing
Accy taking chances , throwing a few bodies forward ...surely someone to hold it up front, run the channels ..surely O donker for Taylor just to give us an easy ' out ' .
We end up not closing down in midfield and conceding .
All we needed was to stand firm as Accy were not looking like scoring .
Too many changes , one sub switching 2 positions when we didn't need to be clever to win just see the game out .

I'm normally quite supportive of KR , yesterday he got it so wrong in my opinion as to be untrue.
First half played well without creating lots of chances , Browne and Henry bit disappointing.
Second half similar vein but then those two combine to see Henry score , excellent confidence boost for both .
8 minutes later Henry gets taken off ! Surely give him an extra 10 / 15 mins after scoring if pre arranged?
Bodin comes on ...means swapping Browne to R/W while Bodin goes L/W . Unsettling / unbalanced the team.
We are winning 1-0 , don't need to do anything to push for a goal , just see the game out.
15vmins to go , 1-0 up away at a tough place to go, battle and 3 points against a limited side.
Bate ( one of our best performers off , maybe Gorrin on to shore midfield up makes sense) but no ....Long on goes r/b , Browne off as well . Murphy on !
Anderson goes r/w , Murphy lacking match practice L/W ....Bodin into the midfield!!
We are 1-0up ,need to battle hard and we are playing Bodin on in the cm with Murphy on wing
Accy taking chances , throwing a few bodies forward ...surely someone to hold it up front, run the channels ..surely O donker for Taylor just to give us an easy ' out ' .
Too many changes , one sub switching 2 positions when we didn't need to be clever to win just see the game out .
Murphy will always play if he says he's available for selection whatever his level of fitness

Last edited:
Watched on I follow , must agree that after Robbo made the substitutions we were terrible in defence ! Anderson should of stayed at right back without a second thought , plenty of pace to get back and defend as necessary! Now Robbo usually sends on subs if we are 3 0 up not 1 0 , in my opinion ,a bad error of judgement! Another 2 points lost , sorry this is totally unacceptable and once again ,Eastwood beaten by a shot from outside the box ! Leaves to ask this question, do you leave a player on the field who is getting fouled often ,in this case Marcus Brown, or do you leave him on to keep a balanced side to try and secure the win ?

In the words of The Master:

“Let me do my job”

How many more times are we going to keep kicking the ball long to Taylor who looks largely disinterested these days and getting no joy.

When we played the ball on the ground and quickly we got some joy but there is far too much long ball this season which doesn't work with the players we've got and isn't fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom