Ex Player Stanley Mills

Good signing, let's hope he smashes it!

Hope it's not one of those clauses that he can be recalled early.

Good signing, let's hope he smashes it!

Hope it's not one of those clauses that he can be recalled early.

Most season long loans have a break clause in January. It can benefit both parties if things aren't working out.

Most season long loans have a break clause in January. It can benefit both parties if things aren't working out.
I believe Steven’s has the same clause and as you say it can benefit either party but as long as the club are ready with a replacement in the new year it doesn’t have to be the end of the world.

Usually the club will know in December if the player will be recalled plus it is a big sign to whether the player will be recalled or not if they are allowed to play in the cups.

Seems very highly regarded at Everton. Unusually there doesn't seem to be any videos or highlight reels of him playing for the youth teams on YouTube, so difficult to get a gauge.

My one slight quibble would be that he's a loanee on his first loan who plays Goodrham's position and is actually younger than him by a couple of months. Hopefully he's being signed as a depth/rotation/competition option, because it would be a shame if TG's development were to be stifled by a Premier League loanee.
Wingers are a high octane position. Mills has never played a whole season at this level. There will be plenty of chopping and changing both during matches and matchday selections so wouldn't worry about Goodrham. People (I'm not saying you) get far too concerned about 'the best starting 11' when reality is, particularly in the high octane positions, that there will be plenty of revolving.

Last edited:
Obviously, scored a lovely goal vs QPR in preseason. But I actually think that he was one of the brighter aspects from the dismal display on Saturday. OK, he lost control of the ball on a couple of occasions (it was f'ing wet, mind), but grew into the game and looked to cause Cambridge a lot of problems. A couple of fantastic crosses which deserved better. I love Tyler to bits, but I'm sorry, if the cameo appearances are anything to go by, this lad will is at another level IMO.

Last edited:
Obviously, scored a lovely goal vs QPR in preseason. But I actually think that he was one of the brighter aspects from the dismal display on Saturday. OK, he lost control of the ball on a couple of occasions (it was f'ing wet, mind), but grew into the game and looked to cause Cambridge a lot of problems. A couple of fantastic crosses which deserved better. I love Tyler to bits, but I'm sorry, if the cameo appearances are anything to go by, this lad will is at another level IMO.
I thought the same and he was very unlucky not to score with the header. In Tyler's defence, our game plan seemed to rely on pinging the long ball to him which is totally pointless and we then started passing on the ground to Mills! He was also on late in the game when Cambridge were just sitting back so there was more space for him.

Hopefully yesterday was a sign that Stan's starting to settle and find his feet, the way he absolutely roasted his man and burst into the box was a joy to see, more of it please Stan!

It's a shame he can't claim that OG as was all his doing. Keep it up young un!

After the Carlisle game I commented on how direct Mills was as we were sat in the SSL block closest to the East Stand and he was playing right in front of us.

I really like what I’ve seen so far and yesterday’s OG run was brilliantly explosive. Really great potential.

This young man has the ability to go to the top, he also seems very grounded and eager to improve, well played Stan.

When Mills arrived he spoke about how he loves to drive into the box to get goals and assists. As @MJB said, he is really direct and I suspect that there may be times when he frustrates by not laying the ball off to others, or being seen as greedy. But I've no doubt that he'll also create a bucket load of goals to make the odd mistake a lit easier to forgive.

When Mills arrived he spoke about how he loves to drive into the box to get goals and assists. As @MJB said, he is really direct and I suspect that there may be times when he frustrates by not laying the ball off to others, or being seen as greedy. But I've no doubt that he'll also create a bucket load of goals to make the odd mistake a lit easier to forgive.
Yep, I think he’s very confident and ambitious and wants to show what he can do here. Same with Beadle.

That can only be good - c.f. with some of the EPL academy players we’ve had in the past who were coasting on their early potential and have since dropped out of the professional game.

The loans so far have been very exciting - another feather in Ed’s cap. Long may it continue.

Hopefully yesterday was a sign that Stan's starting to settle and find his feet, the way he absolutely roasted his man and burst into the box was a joy to see, more of it please Stan!

It's a shame he can't claim that OG as was all his doing. Keep it up young un!

According to one Barnsley fan, our goals involved no skill.....

He was not. Gave the ball away repeatedly, nothing came off, but produced that moment of brilliance when it mattered.
I have to agree that in the first half not great, however was marked by Cadden a more than useful full back.

Great energy to create OG
There's more to come from this boy

Back
Top Bottom