General Squad Numbers 20/21

It's interesting that Agyei has been given 'The Oxford 9'... expecting him to start up front most games this season now.

P
Yes, as in Mackie seemed to get the nod over Taylor a lot last season. Was an attempt at irony.
A lot?
Taylor started 20 league games and came on as sub in 6.
So maybe in those 6 games Mackie started over him?

Squad by positions, assuming the French lad signs and Kelly agrees a fresh loan:

GK: Eastwood, Stevens
FB: Clare, Ruffels, Long
CB: Dickie, Moore, Mousinho, Atkinson
CM: Gorrin, Brannagan, McGuane, Sykes, Hanson, *Kelly
W: Hall, Cooper, Henry, Napa, Forde, *Osei Yaw
FW: Taylor, Agyei, Asonganyi

Hardly the most riveting topic but I know a few people join me in having an obsession about the squad numbers.

Based on photos/videos so far, it would appear our squad numbers are relatively unchanged for the new season.
Clare has the number 2, Sykes the number 10, Agyei takes Mackie's 19, otherwise as you were with a hole at number 11 (unless someone has it and has been wearing a different number for the camp)

1. Eastwood
2. Clare
3. Ruffels
4. Dickie
5. Moore
6. Gorrin
7. Hall
8. Brannagan
9. Taylor
10. Sykes
12. Long
13. Stevens
14. Forde
15. Mousinho
16. Cooper
17. Henry
18. McGuane
19. Agyei
20. Hanson
21. Napa
22. Atkinson
23. Asonganyi

Training Camp 29. Mystery man
Osei Yaw is 29. Kelly is 28.

Think 11 remaining open says a lot.

I find it interesting that Hall is at number 7. KR was impressed with him during the play-off build up and he setup a goal last night. I know there have been a lot of false dawns with Hally but if he can stay fit, it will be like another new signing. He may have lost some of his pace but his skill on the ball and cracking left foot could make him a valuable player for us next season.

I have my fingers crossed. Hall has always been rushed back following serious injuries, but this time, he has had months to recover.

I find it interesting that Hall is at number 7. KR was impressed with him during the play-off build up and he setup a goal last night. I know there have been a lot of false dawns with Hally but if he can stay fit, it will be like another new signing. He may have lost some of his pace but his skill on the ball and cracking left foot could make him a valuable player for us next season.

I have my fingers crossed. Hall has always been rushed back following serious injuries, but this time, he has had months to recover.

He was half fit last season and still managed to get 6 goals last season (obviously some varied amongst opposition and competition). But to me it still showed his technique is there, it's just a case of seeing what he is capable of athletically.

Certainly hoping he's fit enough to make a real impact off the bench for now.

He was half fit last season and still managed to get 6 goals last season (obviously some varied amongst opposition and competition). But to me it still showed his technique is there, it's just a case of seeing what he is capable of athletically.

Certainly hoping he's fit enough to make a real impact off the bench for now.
Indeed, he is undoubtedly one of the best finishers at the club, whether that be from distance or one-on-one's with the keeper. I don't remember him fluffing up many chances, Mackie-sque!.

So which of these are classed as u21s? Any chance of adding a flag on the list to make it clearer how many spaces we still have available?

Back
Top Bottom