Sizing up the Competition

Sol Campbell. Greatest mind in football and if his people get their calculations right, maybe even world politics!
No definitely not. Someone who looks on here several times a day and is astounded at some of the s**t people post regarding so many things ranging from transfers to how the club is run. Most people are sensible rational posters but sometimes I despair at some of what I read. It feels at times like some people must be trolls or want the club to fail.

Last edited:
Sol Campbell. Greatest mind in football and if his people get their calculations right, maybe even world politics!
No definitely not. Someone who looks on here several times a day and is astounded at some of the s**t people post regarding so many things ranging from transfers to how the club is run. Most people are sensible rational posters but sometimes I despair at some of what I read. It feels at times like some people must be trolls or want the club to fail.

It’s an Internet forum and you get the extremes of people on here, including trolls. Best not to take it too serious really, it just passes the time between Saturdays and Tuesdays (and the Summer months!)

Sunderland SHOULD walk the league. Will they? I don’t think so. I think they will end up in the play offs and fall short.
They have started bringing in league 1 players but if they don’t get rid of their big earners then there will be frictions within the changing room.
A team with some players on stupidly high wages and then some on realistic wages causes issues amongst the squad. I’ve seen it first hand and I can say it doesn’t create a happy changing room.
I feel SD and Charles have bitten off more than they can chew and it’s not going to end well.

We won't have to wait long, after the first week of games people will be predicting their prophecies of failure and success for every team, I though everyone knew the season was won or lost in August not July.

We won't have to wait long, after the first week of games people will be predicting their prophecies of failure and success for every team, I though everyone knew the season was won or lost in August not July.

To be fair it seemed someone waited until December :))

The stress and pressure became so unbearable he was taking longer walks each day to try remain calm and ended up in the North East !!!!

We will finish 4th - 8th with some more decent additions, then we will be very competitive.

Sunderland SHOULD walk the league. Will they? I don’t think so. I think they will end up in the play offs and fall short.
They have started bringing in league 1 players but if they don’t get rid of their big earners then there will be frictions within the changing room.
A team with some players on stupidly high wages and then some on realistic wages causes issues amongst the squad. I’ve seen it first hand and I can say it doesn’t create a happy changing room.
I feel SD and Charles have bitten off more than they can chew and it’s not going to end well.

Thankfully for them, Stewart knows how to run successful businesses. That's there only saving grace.

Unfortunately, I see Due Diligence was done in only a few weeks and they have since found £10-£15m more of bad news relating to Ricky Alvarez. Having had Ellis Short introduced to him (SD) & the time-sensitive nature of the deal, it's disappointing for Stew, I'm sure. He'll sort it out though.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/spor...otential-15m-of-additional-bad-news-1-9259616

Anyway, let's go and get Ricky Holmes as is being reported by HITC and other quality players because some clubs can't afford him and have to go after League One and Two fodder - that watching scouts has identified on the back of a Chris Williams matchday programme.

So the £10m error previously announced, then a further £10m-£15m more bad news.

That must be a serious worry and you wonder whether it is having a real affect on their potential signings (which to date have been uninspiring).

Once the original £10m came out the question always was what else might come out and that still remains the case. I really hope the owners are OK as I am sure not many would want them to fail, but that really does not look good from the outside.

So the £10m error previously announced, then a further £10m-£15m more bad news.

That must be a serious worry and you wonder whether it is having a real affect on their potential signings (which to date have been uninspiring).

Once the original £10m came out the question always was what else might come out and that still remains the case. I really hope the owners are OK as I am sure not many would want them to fail, but that really does not look good from the outside.

Supposedly they've made a bid for Eisa and have had a couple of bids for Charlie Wyke so they must have some transfer cash available. Although some reports suggest Pompey are favourites for Eisa now.

6c1ee0f5c35db6284111054a88074b3d.png

5f55cafda826d05919007a7c1f1c73a6.png

Yeesh. Not happy reading - look forward to our Mackem friends on here cheerfully explaining away all of this latest bad news in the coming 24 hours.

In other words we rushed through the due diligence and knew there were some risks.
Clauses can be put in to the contracts to enable claims against the previous owner but it does not on the face of it look like this was done?
My assumption was that Sunderland would blow any League 1 team away financially it that doesn't look quite that certain?

Any more bad news for Sunderland could lead to them having to offload the likes of McGeady and McManaman, but maybe too late in the day to get any decent replacements in. It would be an absolute tragedy if we were to pick up Ricky Holmes only for Charles to be left with the type of players MApp was left with in his first season with us! Alex Jakubiak anyone??!!

Some of the locals are not happy - I'm not intending to rub it in anyone's face. The frustration of the lack of due diligence is quite palpable and I can understand the fans frustration. No amount of slick PR or podcasts can hide the massive issues there.

Old news that suddenly looks brand new and thats because our Donald feels the need to explain why all the shat,freebies, and rejects have landed here the last couple of weeks........
THERES NO MONEY despite us the mugs being told otherwise. "Substantial funds" lied to again on the back of these magical fans investing in season tickets to watch this dross. When will we be treated with respect.

This is a bit like Brexit. No credible information, no progress and an expected result of being fudged due to panic.there is something wrong when we keep getting mixed messages, and we know when we are being hoodwinked, god knows we have had nearly ten years of that. There is something a bit iffy about this whole scenario, I feel we have a lot of bad news coming our way, and I can see another disastrous season ahead of us. We must get players in now, so they have time to gel, I have seen all three friendlies so far and they have been atrocious and give me little hope that things will improve. Come on Sunderland, prove me wrong.

Supposedly they've made a bid for Eisa and have had a couple of bids for Charlie Wyke so they must have some transfer cash available. Although some reports suggest Pompey are favourites for Eisa now.

Update: Apparently Leeds are now in for Eisa so Pompey and Sunderland could be disappointed.

Some of the locals are not happy - I'm not intending to rub it in anyone's face. The frustration of the lack of due diligence is quite palpable and I can understand the fans frustration. No amount of slick PR or podcasts can hide the massive issues there.

Almost like Sunderland have acquired someone with some PR know how that has been heavily PRing

If I was in the government of the Cayman Islands, I'd be reluctant to renew any PR contract with Dragon if the founder/chairman can't even sweet talk a few Mackems.

Who did the due diligence? why no other than the affable fool charlie boy..

Back
Top Bottom