Sizing up the Competition

Maybe we will be this season's version of last season's Shrewsbury - minus the Wembley defeats of course!

Sunderland on paper should be too strong BUT its really hard to stop a slide and as we saw with Pompey they rarely bounce straight back. Fleetwood are my dark horse. With Connor and Ched Evans they could be completely devastating up front

Maybe we will be this season's version of last season's Shrewsbury - minus the Wembley defeats of course!

I don't think we're that much of an outsider going into this season!

Although the bookies have us on fairly long odds for promotion

Would be more like Rochdale or AFC coming 3rd.

Some decent games this season, Luton filth, Pompey, Sunderland and even our friends from along the M40!

I am a little surprised that some are suggesting that Bradford will do well.
ST sales a long way down on last season, novice manager and tertibke pre season.
Jack Payne is a decent loan signing but I could see them being average.
Barnsley? Their best two players want away and isn't their manager a foreign manager who hasn't managed in England before? It could come off but is a risk.
Sunderland SHOULD walking and Charlton, Fleetwood and Pompey could be up there. But a pretty unpredictable Division I reckon

I am a little surprised that some are suggesting that Bradford will do well.
ST sales a long way down on last season, novice manager and tertibke pre season.
Jack Payne is a decent loan signing but I could see them being average.
Barnsley? Their best two players want away and isn't their manager a foreign manager who hasn't managed in England before? It could come off but is a risk.
Sunderland SHOULD walking and Charlton, Fleetwood and Pompey could be up there. But a pretty unpredictable Division I reckon

I can see Bradford doing well to be honest..

Payne with Miller, Wyke and Scannell going forward will be one of the best attacks in the league

Looton are going to struggle this season - the jump from L2 to L1 is massive and there are some seriously big budgets out there. It's a long way from their last sojourn in L1.

Luton will finish in the top 3. Kills me but they will. They were superb last season attacking wise, have a midfield with goals in them plus added Grant, & have bought a standout L1 defender from last season.
So good they didn't win the title although I clearly accept coming second they still could have been the best footballing team there.....
Where will Accy finish? And why are we so s**t?

Back
Top Bottom