Sh1t or get off the pot

No matter who is on the board the fans and supporters inevitably end up getting the proverbial mushroom treatment-kept in the dark & fed s**t- by the powers that be at OUFC

We the fans & supporters seem to be perceived as a cash cow to be milked mercilessly and treated with more or less contempt the rest of the time by whoever is holding the reigns at OUFC :confused:

Come on Sarge chin up it's not that long until July...Don't forget United we stand and all that .

On that note, has there ever been any actual concrete evidence that he’s interested in investing or taking over? Maybe he is someone who just wants to take in a game or two occasionally leading to people putting two and two together etc..
I won't say concrete evidence but "pretty reasonable to assume" evidence and rumours from a number of people who I believe.
Plus - Radio Oxford have alluded to it frequently. They wouldn't do so if he was just someone coming to a game.

I can't corroborate any of this below but these are some of the things I've heard. Some of it might not be true, but I've taken the no smoke without fire approach, as well as the obligatory pinch of salt, to all of this:
1) Players were introduced to Tiger some weeks ago and told he was the new owner. Backroom staff have been told nothing and feel totally in the dark.
2) DE is not directly (i.e. not physically there) involved in the interviews for new manager. Interviews have taken place with new MD Niall McWilliams, Dave Jones, and two Thais present.
3) The appointment of the new Academy Manager Dan Harris had to be approved/rubber-stamped by the Thais.
4) Many recent home games DE has not been present. Tiger has been. I saw him in the boardroom myself a month ago in a very smart dickie-bow.
5) DE has himself said he cannot fund OUFC to take next step to Championship, and is always open to investment. He's also not denied something is going on with the Thais re investment/takeover - something I think it's safe to assume (given his relative openness to making statements about his intents in the past) he absolutely would have done if it was all B*****s.

On Point One, I can’t countenance why the players would be introduced to the new owners, but not the staff.

If that has happened, we truly are in a very strange position.

I won't say concrete evidence but "pretty reasonable to assume" evidence and rumours from a number of people who I believe.
Plus - Radio Oxford have alluded to it frequently. They wouldn't do so if he was just someone coming to a game.

I can't corroborate any of this below but these are some of the things I've heard. Some of it might not be true, but I've taken the no smoke without fire approach, as well as the obligatory pinch of salt, to all of this:
1) Players were introduced to Tiger some weeks ago and told he was the new owner. Backroom staff have been told nothing and feel totally in the dark.
2) DE is not directly (i.e. not physically there) involved in the interviews for new manager. Interviews have taken place with new MD Niall McWilliams, Dave Jones, and two Thais present.
3) The appointment of the new Academy Manager Dan Harris had to be approved/rubber-stamped by the Thais.
4) Many recent home games DE has not been present. Tiger has been. I saw him in the boardroom myself a month ago in a very smart dickie-bow.
5) DE has himself said he cannot fund OUFC to take next step to Championship, and is always open to investment. He's also not denied something is going on with the Thais re investment/takeover - something I think it's safe to assume (given his relative openness to making statements about his intents in the past) he absolutely would have done if it was all B*****s.
Total bs and nonsense speculation. Are you actually being serious? Point 1 alone is risible. Are you seriously suggesting that over 20 pro footballers have been introduced to a new “owner” and there have been no leaks from that meeting?I am sure that he is having discussion regarding further funding, but unless/until we know more, this kind of thread is total rubbish

The silence is deafening. With silence comes a number of voices seeking to fill the void with their theories of what is going on. I've personally no idea what is going on but what I can tell you is this is no way to run a business. The management know they have a captive audience and let's be honest there's no way we're going to go and support another team no matter what happens. In any other business we would have walked away by now and spent our cash elsewhere with someone offering a different product. The only way I would be prepared to accept the reason for the management behaving in this way is if it's one humdinger of a deal including new stadium and Oxford being developed as some kind of franchise across the rest of the world, and as such, absolute silence would be acceptable given the enormity of the deal. If it's not as big as that then I fail to see the reason for this wall of silence. It cheeses everyone off and has now seeped into every aspect of the club including the players.

Last edited:
On Point One, I can’t countenance why the players would be introduced to the new owners, but not the staff.

If that has happened, we truly are in a very strange position.
That was something a member of staff directly told someone I know. The person I know would not have made it up. Member of staff might I guess but don't know why.

Total bs and nonsense speculation. Are you actually being serious? Point 1 alone is risible. Are you seriously suggesting that over 20 pro footballers have been introduced to a new “owner” and there have been no leaks from that meeting?I am sure that he is having discussion regarding further funding, but unless/until we know more, this kind of thread is total rubbish
I think I very clearly stated that these were all things I had heard. NOT that I necessarily believed they were true. I at no point said they were gospel and also said I was taking them with a pinch of salt myself if you'd bothered to read it properly.

Nonetheless - I do believe that the very fact that multiple rumours and suggestions about what is going on are circulating especially with people who have proved to be "in the know" in the past, is evidence enough to me that something more than "discussion regarding further funding" is going on.

On Point 1 - this was something that was said by a backroom member of staff, who is obviously pissed off with being kept in the dark about their own future. There is no way in hell the person who told me this would bullshit on having this conversation, but perhaps the member of staff who told him is being economical with the truth and/or has an axe to grind? Who knows. Either way, doesn't post a rosy picture from inside the fence does it?

Last edited:
Don't fathom why a current owner would have agreed a deal yet whilst checks are being made on the potential buyer not be at his desk to oversee things or worse that the said potential new owner be allowed anywhere in the building surely that is very dangerous ground....Again using the house example you don't let a buyer roam free in your house until everything is signed and sealed. all very odd

We really do need an update about what’s happening. If Darryl is unavailable then surely the M.D. or another board member could issue a statement. Even if it’s just along the lines of ‘rest assured, the search for a new manager is progressing, we’ve had a very high quality list of applicants...’ etc etc. A bit like when the search was on last time. Just SOMETHING to indicate there’s progress being made

Fantasy Mr Fox. I'm afraid I don't believe what you have posted. Why, for instance, would Tiger have been introduced to the players weeks ago and told he was the new owner when neither the staff or anyone else has been told anything? If the players, uniquely, are in the know, why are they now coming out and saying they need clarity? It makes no sense.

We really do need an update about what’s happening. If Darryl is unavailable then surely the M.D. or another board member could issue a statement. Even if it’s just along the lines of ‘rest assured, the search for a new manager is progressing, we’ve had a very high quality list of applicants...’ etc etc. A bit like when the search was on last time. Just SOMETHING to indicate there’s progress being made
Clearly DE is making himself unavailable. The MD has been put in place as his temporary stooge. We will hear nothing from him. I'm just waiting to hear that the fans forum on March 1st has been cancelled. If it goes ahead, the Chairman won't be there and the MD will be unable to clarify anything.

Fantasy Mr Fox. I'm afraid I don't believe what you have posted. Why, for instance, would Tiger have been introduced to the players weeks ago and told he was the new owner when neither the staff or anyone else has been told anything? If the players, uniquely, are in the know, why are they now coming out and saying they need clarity? It makes no sense.
I say again: I’m NOT saying it happened. I said take with pinch of salt.

I’m saying a member of staff SAID this happened. Why, I don’t know, A member of staff pissed off they were kept in the dark when they perceived others weren’t? Or a member of staff making s**t up? I’ve no idea but the fact that these sort of things are being said is concerning about internal morale at the club, never mind the fans.

All I do know for sure is I trust implicitly the person they said this to (not the member of staff themselves, who I don’t know personally).

Presumably some staff will know because the players like most of us, are gossips. I can't see it going on this long without the whole of OUFCs staff knowing what was going on.

Presumably some staff will know because the players like most of us, are gossips. I can't see it going on this long without the whole of OUFCs staff knowing what was going on.
Well I don't think most of the staff know anything about what's going on. That's the bit I very much do believe of that point!

Well I don't think most of the staff know anything about what's going on. That's the bit I very much do believe of that point!
I can only go off of my experience, which is if something of that magnitude happens in a prominent small company,it goes around like wildfire in organisations. The lack of clarity about staffs future is another thing.

I can only go off of my experience, which is if something of that magnitude happens in a prominent small company,it goes around like wildfire in organisations. The lack of clarity about staffs future is another thing.
I honestly think that other than at board level the OUFC staff know about as much as the fans do. i.e. there is some Thai bloke hanging around a lot past few months and DE isn't around as much. Everything else is joining up the dots and speculation.

I honestly think that other than at board level the OUFC staff know about as much as the fans do. i.e. there is some Thai bloke hanging around a lot past few months and DE isn't around as much. Everything else is joining up the dots and speculation.
That pretty much sums it all up. Any talk of take-overs, added investment and even a manager appointment is pure conjecture and/or wishful thinking. There’s nothing but static and white noise coming from the club now.

Do even some of the board know what is going on?

Back
Top Bottom