Saturday Fanatics display

Hearing Oxford Fanatics have already disappeared along with a lot of people's money, not impressed.

Someone must know who is behind that group? If I paid them money and they disappeared without reason I would soon appear at their front door!

Are you sure there was a group& it wasn't just 1 individual out to make a quick buck???

Does anyone know them in the flesh ,or was it an internet fund raiser??!! Cause if it was there'd be no way I would of give them , whoever money

Hearing Oxford Fanatics have already disappeared along with a lot of people's money, not impressed.
Yes, if true very disappointing to say the least.

Weren't you one of the Ultras group from the East Stand? If so, really appreciated the effort you boys put in to make a soul-less stadium feel a bit more like a home. You are much missed......

Seem to remember one of them was on The Fence End pod last season.

Yes, if true very disappointing to say the least.

Weren't you one of the Ultras group from the East Stand? If so, really appreciated the effort you boys put in to make a soul-less stadium feel a bit more like a home. You are much missed......
I ran it for quite a few years from around 2014 onwards. Appreciate the kind words! I'd love to support a new group who want to do something similar, the Fanatics made all the right noise online but nothing ever really materialised in the stadium other than 3/4 flags.

They had a huge donation target for a home display which never happened, now all the tweets asking for donations have been deleted and the group has disappeared. That's probably made it very difficult for the next group (if one ever comes along) to get donations in the future...

See the Fanatics get a "nod of approval" in the latest OxVox update email.

"A note on the Fanatics and their displays. We have spoken to them on several occasions over the last few months and while setting up our banner in the early afternoon of the Arsenal match we helped lay some of their cards. The display did not work out as planned and I know they are bitterly disappointed but they will learn from this and get better. The Ultras displays grew and improved over ten years and it's important to give the Fanatics time to develop their style and learn from their mistakes. With regards to finances we completely understand the frustration over where money has been allocated and used. When we spoke to them last they said they were going to put together some basic accounts to show supporters where money is being spent."

Back
Top Bottom