OxVox AGM on Saturday - Venue Change

Jem

OXVOX AGM NEXT SATURDAY - CHANGE OF VENUE

MEETING NOW AT OXFORD ACADEMY

The OxVox AGM next Saturday, 28 April 2018, will now be held at the Oxford Academy (formerly Peers School), Sandy Lane West, Oxford OX4 6JZ, and NOT at the Kassam Stadium.

The meeting will be held in the Sixth Form Centre which is on the top floor of the building

Doors will open at 12.00 noon and the meeting will start at 12.30 pm prompt.

It will last for 45 minutes to 1 hour maximum, so will be completed by 1.30 pm, leaving plenty of time to get to the stadium for the Rochdale match.

Refreshments will be provided.

if driving, park in the main car park at the Academy. The Academy is about 5 minutes' walk from The Blackbird pub.

We hope that as many members as possible will attend the meeting to hear about the trust's year and to meet the new committee members Paul Peros, Simon Hathaway, Dave Thornton, and Wesley Harrison.

COYYs!

Jem and the trust committee

Last edited:
There seems to be a move towards making attendance to forums, meetings etc difficult for supporters of Oxford United. The decision to hold the last fans forum at 9.15am on a Bank Holiday with reduced public transport and to limit it to 1 hr, was in my opinion a deliberate attempt to ensure that supporters were restrained from questioning the new owner, We have now been informed that the Oxvox AGM has been moved from the Kassam to another venue and given no reason behind this decision. Members have also been told that due to the move the meeting will be limited to 45mins or a maximum of 1hr. This we are told is to ensure supporters attending the AGM will have plenty of time to get to the Kassam.

When the AGM is held at the ground the pressure to get to the ground on members is greatly reduced as they are already there and parked. Would it not be courteous for the members to be told why the AGM has been moved away from the Kassam? There maybe some plausible reason for the change, but it would seem that members are yet again not deemed to be at the required pay grade to be told.

Will members be sent a copy of the agenda prior to the meeting?

I'm assuming it's because the end of season awards dinner is on Saturday evening and they need to be preparing the room for that event?

There seems to be a move towards making attendance to forums, meetings etc difficult for supporters of Oxford United. The decision to hold the last fans forum at 9.15am on a Bank Holiday with reduced public transport and to limit it to 1 hr, was in my opinion a deliberate attempt to ensure that supporters were restrained from questioning the new owner, We have now been informed that the Oxvox AGM has been moved from the Kassam to another venue and given no reason behind this decision. Members have also been told that due to the move the meeting will be limited to 45mins or a maximum of 1hr. This we are told is to ensure supporters attending the AGM will have plenty of time to get to the Kassam.

When the AGM is held at the ground the pressure to get to the ground on members is greatly reduced as they are already there and parked. Would it not be courteous for the members to be told why the AGM has been moved away from the Kassam? There maybe some plausible reason for the change, but it would seem that members are yet again not deemed to be at the required pay grade to be told.

Seriously? There's a difference between holding OxVox to account which, as paid up members, some of us have the right to do, and then there's spouting near conspiracy nonsense such as this.

The club fans forum was made accessible via a Facebook live link in which people could have asked questions virtually. I saw none asked. The fact we got a fans forum so close to Tigers takeover and with 2 postponed by DE was welcome enough but then again maybe I just have a strange false consciousness and cannot see the blatant lies the club is feeding me.

I'm sure there's a logical and perfectly acceptable reason behind the OxVox move. With Kassam charging by the seat per room at the breeze block, I wouldn't be surprised if we'd managed to get the academy for free. Let alone the end of season dinner happening the same night. I'd rather walk the 15 minutes to the ground through Littlemore or the 10 minutes to the Blackbird than have my membership fee paid into Kassam's pockets regardless.

OxVox aren't the illuminati or I'd imagine Kassam would no longer be around and we'd be in the champions final. I don't usually reply directly to other posters, but please stop with your incessant, unnecessary negative posts about OxVox or save them for the AGM.

You come across as a very bitter person.

Sorry but it would be courteous to just inform the members the reason why there has been a change of venue. There is no reason why the AGM could not be held at a different venue away from the Kassam on a non match day. Members meetings have been held at other venues mid week and have bar facilities. As for the forum with Tiger, what a complete waste of time that was. We learnt absolutely nothing from that meeting and are still in the dark regarding the financial standing of our new owner.

Seriously? There's a difference between holding OxVox to account which, as paid up members, some of us have the right to do, and then there's spouting near conspiracy nonsense such as this.

The club fans forum was made accessible via a Facebook live link in which people could have asked questions virtually. I saw none asked. The fact we got a fans forum so close to Tigers takeover and with 2 postponed by DE was welcome enough but then again maybe I just have a strange false consciousness and cannot see the blatant lies the club is feeding me.

I'm sure there's a logical and perfectly acceptable reason behind the OxVox move. With Kassam charging by the seat per room at the breeze block, I wouldn't be surprised if we'd managed to get the academy for free. Let alone the end of season dinner happening the same night. I'd rather walk the 15 minutes to the ground through Littlemore or the 10 minutes to the Blackbird than have my membership fee paid into Kassam's pockets regardless.

OxVox aren't the illuminati or I'd imagine Kassam would no longer be around and we'd be in the champions final. I don't usually reply directly to other posters, but please stop with your incessant, unnecessary negative posts about OxVox or save them for the AGM.

Comes across as a bitter person - ain't that the truth :mad:

Sorry but it would be courteous to just inform the members the reason why there has been a change of venue. There is no reason why the AGM could not be held at a different venue away from the Kassam on a non match day. Members meetings have been held at other venues mid week and have bar facilities. As for the forum with Tiger, what a complete waste of time that was. We learnt absolutely nothing from that meeting and are still in the dark regarding the financial standing of our new owner.

Guessing ur busy washing ur hair sat now then??

Shussshhh @jal ..... dont let the cat out the bag! ....the following has been typed in a whisper........ ' those who need to know, already know, Oxvox's elite manipulators, aka the facelessmen, aka Oxvox Illuminati, are also Ka$$am'$ handpicked henchmen, double agents secretly working against anything for the good of the club, recruited under the shadow of the Bridge of Sighs and sworn to a blood oath to back Ka$$am without question, to thwart the planned launch of next seasons kit, to by whatever means necessary ensure the Priory continues to fall into disrepair, to put itching powder in Tigers yellow bowtie collection, cause delays to train services after important press conferences have been called, and other equally nefarious, underhand and disruptive actions designed to cause unrest'

As for the rest of the Oxvox hierarchy, they're apparently all shoeshiners ;)

You can ask them on Saturday.

I think Tiger doesn't exist and that OxVox have secretly taken over the club.

It's an established FACT that they hate all 'normal' supporters.

Guessing ur busy washing ur hair sat now then??
Pardon me for commenting but now that you're a member of the Oxvox committee maybe your posts should be a little bit more professional and courteous towards fellow members who you represent. Just a thought. Not everything should be a Mickey take or a joke.

Back
Top Bottom