Salary cap confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely stunned at this. Football using Coronavirus as an oppprtnunity to screw itself.

Darragh and project revenge are going to be FUMING!

Peterborough were voting in favour of the cap I believe because it benefitted them against bigger clubs. And if so no hypocrisy there at all, no sirree....

Salary Cap has been voted for by L1 and L2 clubs.

so we could say sign messi for a quid a week and offer him 50 million as a bonus if we get promoted (to get around the wage cap)

So L1 and L2 clubs vote in favour of salary caps. £2.5mil for L1 and £1.5mil for L2, effective immediately!

So what happens if a clubs salary is over this cap and players are contacted for 1+ years?

Article here:

Seems a mess already. Wonder when someone will challenge in court?

Article here:

Seems a mess already. Wonder when someone will challenge in court?
Sunderland might?
Average over 30,000 fans and a maximum spend the same as Accrington ?

looks like bonuses for cup runs and promotions are excluded which leaves room to negotiate some highly incentivised contracts.

It includes agent fees! Jesus for Sunderland that's probably half the cap alone!

I had a read and I am still confused. This is probably going to sound very stupid but Is the 2.5m cap for every player we sign from now not including our players?

They count at the L1 average wage (£1300 per week) if over for Salary Cap purposes if I understand it correctly.

Another thought is , EFL are absolutely s**t at enforcing their own rules anyway , so ignore em, boots stuffed full of cash on matchdays maybe? :rolleyes:

Well Pompey and Peterborough haven't signed anyone yet have they? Surely they knew this was coming...

There has to be an appeal.

I’ve laid out my stall pretty comprehensively on other threads, so probably no need to go into it too much here. But I am absolutely flabbergasted this has passed. The clubs that voted for this have implicitly voted for a glass ceiling of League One for themselves (and every other club with aspirations, rather than expectations, of the Championship).

I note that nothing has yet been said about a Championship wage cap. Given that’s where the most money is irresponsibly thrown around, it makes no sense to me that the gap wasn’t introduced there first.

i really hope this turns out to work in the long term. Because I cannot see at this moment in time how it does anything but shackle the clubs currently in League One for ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom