National News Rishi Sunak

Sunak is absolutely petrified of Braverman.

Look at his body language - he’s actively leaning away from her and into somebody else while she leans forward while Starmer talks. She’s top dog here.

He cannot control her at all, and since he was never elected as party leader and never, ever would have been, he can’t shackle her in case it all kicks off and enough letters go in.

View attachment 16655

A very weak leader with absolutely no mandate, even from his own party.
I actually think he's lifting the cheek to let a SBD go in her direction....and then blame it on her....that's how much he hates her.

I think Inaction Man should leave her in post. In her desperation to get sacked, she will undoubtedly come out with even more rabid and unhinged nonsense and consequently ruin her own chances of ever becoming leader of the Tories (but a shoo in for the next Reclaim Party leader no doubt).

I would say let's just wait and all laugh when she loses her seat at the next election, byt I'm reliably informed that her constituents would vote for a stuffed badger in a SS uniform if it wore a blue rosette.

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether this is right. I find it hard to believe a leader and prime minister would allow a home secretary to say such deliberately inflammatory and offensive things if he was unhappy with them. Is she not a useful idiot who keeps the 'far right and w****r' part of the Tory vote on side while allowing little Rishi to keep his hands clean?
Isn't that 30p Lee's job?

Home Secretary has an opinion some people don`t like. 🤷‍♂️

From the BBC.....

"Suella Braverman claimed aggressive right-wing protesters were "rightly met with a stern response", while "pro-Palestinian mobs" were "largely ignored"."

Same article............

"Unless the Archbishop of Canterbury, The Guardian, the BBC and most of the commentariat are up in arms about Suella Braverman then she's not doing her job properly,"

Maybe she is talking for that silent majority? Whilst I fully support the right to legal protest I also expect the Police to do their job and remove/arrest anyone breaking the law, of which there are plenty to chose from.

From the BBC.....

"Suella Braverman claimed aggressive right-wing protesters were "rightly met with a stern response", while "pro-Palestinian mobs" were "largely ignored"."

Same article............

"Unless the Archbishop of Canterbury, The Guardian, the BBC and most of the commentariat are up in arms about Suella Braverman then she's not doing her job properly,"

Maybe she is talking for that silent majority? Whilst I fully support the right to legal protest I also expect the Police to do their job and remove/arrest anyone breaking the law, of which there are plenty to chose from.
For me the issue is that she is taking a very complex situation and imposing a very binary view on it based on no evidence. In the process she is winding people up which makes violence more likely to happen. A responsible Home Secretary would draw heat out of the situation and calm things down but she is doing the opposite with one eye on her own career rather than the safety of British citizens. She has basically made Sunday's marches a focus point for trouble.

Like you I fully support the right to legal protest and agree that Police should remove anyone inciting violence. The Home Secretary - the individual responsible for law and order - has made that violence more likely.

Worth checking out the front page of the Mirror today. It sums things up beautifully.

From the BBC.....

Same article............

The Police have been doing their job. I suggest you read up the arrests made at the previous 3 marches as compared to Just Stop protests etc.

Or look at how far right marches and Antifa are policed. The Police don't differentiate if a person is BNP/EDL (or whatever they're called) or Antifa if they are breaking the law.

Braverman has made something up and using it to attack the Police's independence, as it plays up to the right right wing of the Tory Party and it's membership for the next leadership campaign.

Braverman as usual is trying to stoke division and as said above, that is the opposite to what she should be doing.

Also, any evidence she is actually talking for the silent majority rather than driving division?

Edit: Found the article with arrests and the numbers of arrests with Just Stop Oil/Extinction Rebellion show the policing of left wing/right wing events claim is rubbish:

Last edited:
I`ve suffered government all my life, not sure about anyone else. 🤷‍♂️

Born into a Wilson era Government, and survived alright through Callaghan, Thatcher (God love her!), and done alright through the Blair years.

Some might be surprised that politicians that seek & find the middle ground do alright, that silent majority that just keep going for their four score years or so.

They are neither vociferous or easily swayed but they get out and vote, and they vote based on what they think most matches their own personal life choices.

They don`t vote to make their neighbours life better, or to look after someone in a far off land, they vote for what is closest to them.

Blair was the most electable Labour leader in history and that`s because he was, like it or not, a small c conservative and he had a skill set that SKS is severely lacking.

Back on topic Sunak is ticking along, the economy is nowhere near as dire as some predicted, the sky hasn`t fallen in and 2024 could see further improvements.

Whether it will fit with the election clock remains to be seen.
@Essexyellows my 'I'm alright Jack' comment was aimed at your your almost entirely self-centered view of the world:

Rising heating costs - "well, we're heating our house for £28.14 a month, what's the problem?"
NHS dentist availability - "I found one at five minutes notice in Leicester, what's the problem?"
Labour in the polls - "well, not in Leicester, so can't be true".
NHS waiting lists - "you just have to be flexible, like I was in Leicester, what's the problem?"
Homelessness - "I helped a man in Leicester by talking to a PCSO, what's the problem?"

Ad nauseum.

The Police have been doing their job. I suggest you read up the arrests made at the previous 3 marches as compared to Just Stop protests etc.

Or look at how far right marches and Antifa are policed. The Police don't differentiate if a person is BNP/EDL (or whatever they're called) or Antifa if they are breaking the law.

Braverman has made something up and using it to attack the Police's independence, as it plays up to the right right wing of the Tory Party and it's membership for the next leadership campaign.

Braverman as usual is trying to stoke division and as said above, that is the opposite to what she should be doing.

Also, any evidence she is actually talking for the silent majority rather than driving division?

Edit: Found the article with arrests and the numbers of arrests with Just Stop Oil/Extinction Rebellion show the policing of left wing/right wing events claim is rubbish:

woah hang on

How does “arrests made” statistics prove that those arrests weren’t biased or politically influenced?

Using just oil arrests which are widely publicised as being inadequately policed as examples of why pro Palestinian marches are OK when they are also widely reported as being inadequately policed is…

Divide and conquer is how both extremists and police state activists work, is Braverman playing into their hands? Or is she the only one brave enough to see the big picture and speak out?

brexit was a cataclysmic embarrassment but it does give the UK the opportunity to get the next phase right. The EU must be twitching with the Hungary Austria Poland political movements. If that spreads to Germany and France we are into interesting times.

I just wish I had confidence in the uk establishment - labour or Tory - to make the most of a bad but potentially lucky situation but I can’t see it.

Maybe stopping social security is the answer. That does seem to be the root cause of the issues.

Divide and conquer is how both extremists and police state activists work, is Braverman playing into their hands?

Yes.

Or is she the only one brave enough to see the big picture and speak out?

No.

Sometimes things really are that simple.

The marches have been happening every Saturday for some weeks. This one starts after the Cenotaph event and stays well away from it.

If anybody is disrespecting the memory of soldiers lost in combat, it's careerist rightwing politicians using Remembrance Day for political gain. If there is trouble in London today between Tommy Robinson's thugs and Islamist troublemakers (extremists on both sides) it will be partly because Braverman and others like her (my Tory MP is also weaponising this issue) have been fanning the flames rather than speaking calmly and sensibly to defuse tensions. And all for their own personal political advancement. It's deeply irresponsible and Braverman - and people who support her - should be ashamed of themselves.

Maybe stopping social security is the answer. That does seem to be the root cause of the issues.

WTF?

Last edited:
Yes.

No.

The marches have been happening every Saturday for some weeks. This one starts after the Cenotaph event and stays well away from it.

If anybody is disrespecting the memory of soldiers lost in combat, it's careerist rightwing politicians using Remembrance Day for political gain. If there is trouble in London today between Tommy Robinson's thugs and Islamist troublemakers (extremists on both sides) it will be partly because Braverman and others like her (my Tory MP is also weaponising this issue) have been fanning the flames rather than speaking calmly and sensibly to defuse tensions. And all for their own personal political advancement. It's deeply irresponsible and Braverman - and people who support her - should be ashamed of themselves.

WTF?
Absolutely spot on.

Yes.

No.

WTF?
It is beyond scandalous that the actual government is deliberately inflaming the incredibly tense and complicated Israel Palestine situation just in the hope of winning the votes of a few more unpleasant idiots. There’s no way that Israel-Palestine can be reduced to a left-right issue, and we have a right to expect better from our government.

• React
Reactions: QR
We should all move to Leicester it's Utopia.

We are moving....... only to the `Shire but outside the City boundary.
@Essexyellows my 'I'm alright Jack' comment was aimed at your your almost entirely self-centered view of the world:

Rising heating costs - "well, we're heating our house for £28.14 a month, what's the problem?"
NHS dentist availability - "I found one at five minutes notice in Leicester, what's the problem?"
Labour in the polls - "well, not in Leicester, so can't be true".
NHS waiting lists - "you just have to be flexible, like I was in Leicester, what's the problem?"
Homelessness - "I helped a man in Leicester by talking to a PCSO, what's the problem?"

Ad nauseum.

Real life experience - what`s the problem?

Yes there will be some who experience life differently and they can also share their views but there is a balance to be had.

I know there are people both wealthier and poorer than me in whatever metric you care to use and in some I`ll be near the bottom, some near the middle and some at the top.

The crux of it is that is called "life" and we all go through it and, no matter who is in charge it doesn`t change much.

Unless you want to live in a North Korean Leftist utopia where everyone gets not a lot unless you are at the very top.

The two minutes silence at the cenotaph for Armistice Day was observed beautifully, as was to be expected. I hope now that the march for Palestine also now passes without incident today and we get to show this country as the tolerant multicultural society that it really is.

It is beyond scandalous that the actual government is deliberately inflaming the incredibly tense and complicated Israel Palestine situation just in the hope of winning the votes of a few more unpleasant idiots. There’s no way that Israel-Palestine can be reduced to a left-right issue, and we have a right to expect better from our government.
A lot of decent points being made by people. Exactly this.

Absolute B*****s. Trolling is not constructive politics.

Imagine being a grown up and seeing pissing people of as evidence that you’re doing your job well. Jesus wept.

She gave an opinion piece to a newspaper.

I doubt they published every word so that it lacked context and has since been further concentrated to become something its not.

There will never be peace in the Middle East because one "team" will always think they have lost out and will fight back against the other.

Throw in a heavy dose of believing in different sky fairies and generations of civilians killed or oppressed and that breeds the next wave of people willing to fight for their team - rinse & repeat.

She gave an opinion piece to a newspaper.

I doubt they published every word so that it lacked context and has since been further concentrated to become something it’s not.
On something like this she wouldn’t have been edited. The Times would have run her piece as intended.

And you are right that it is her opinion but in her role her opinion needs to be given with responsibility, evidence and knowledge. All of that was missing. If you are a backbench MP then it is a stupid thing to do. As Home Secretary- where you need to act at a statesmanlike level - it’s a disaster.

Back
Top Bottom