Refunds

I won’t require a refund.
But like a few suggestions from the “comments” in today’s Ox Mail story on this subject:
a)Free ticket to Cup matches for S/T holders
b)Free or reduced price match day programme for S/T holders

What’s people’s opinion getting a refund for Wycombe away tickets? Many I’ve spoke to through FB don’t think that unreasonable

As for OUFC ST I won’t be asking for any refund

Happy to waive any refund personally, but would in no way judge those who aren’t able to do so.

Personally I’m not keen on cup game refunds as it effectively saves money now, but loses the club potential future income (whenever a cup game might ever happen again!)

Happy to waive any refund personally, but would in no way judge those who aren’t able to do so.

Personally I’m not keen on cup game refunds as it effectively saves money now, but loses the club potential future income (whenever a cup game might ever happen again!)

I missed 75% of the home games last season due to illness, so midseason ticket was a massive waste of money in financial terms,but it have me some hope that I would eventually get back which was the Bradford game,I won't be asking for a refund this season either,some form of recognition is a good idea, to be honest I have no idea what's going to happen in the future,perhaps,if crowds are allowed,the online coverage of games should be allowed as there will be people not prepared to take the risk ingoing to large crowds

I appreciate for some people who are perhaps literally scrabbling down the back of the sofa for spare change, that any sort of refund will help out. Even if at this last time year they had budgeted for spending a whole season ticket.

Also at work we have been credited for Sky Sports 100% since 13 March.

I suppose there is also the aspect of if you can afford it, whether you want to help the club by not claiming cash back.
Also how would they work it out? Straight 5/22 %?

Last seasons money is spent, would never ask for it back and doubt many will.

Committing money to next season without much of a guarantee of some actual football, whether live or online, is a bit different with how the situation is at the moment even though I have saved up nearly enough to pay at last seasons price.

Need to see some sort of plan for how next season is going to be soon else people will be finding other things to spend the cash on, especially as times get tougher.

I've been talking to someone closely connected to the club today who has been privy to conversations with other league 1 and 2 clubs. There is a very real fear that a number of clubs may not survive the next year, or will become little more than academy sides. He said that at least a dozen teams were in real danger of not making the start of the next season with a similar number looking at serious cuts just to get to the point where crowds can return. However, he said that our board were confident that we could come out of this stronger and had already had conversations with players to reassure them that contracts would be honoured. This won't come cheap, and every bit of support we can offer now and into next season will all help. But I think we are luckier than many others and no one should feel guilty about asking for help if they've fallen on hard times during this crisis. Everyone needs to do what is right for them and their families.

We heard you the first time. ;)

What’s people’s opinion getting a refund for Wycombe away tickets? Many I’ve spoke to through FB don’t think that unreasonable

As for OUFC ST I won’t be asking for any refund

I don't think that's unreasonable.

Can I get a refund for reading the same post twice?

I would rather the club offered something like a debenture/share offer kind of thing where individuals could invest £X a month.
Say 5,000 folk chuck in £10 a month for 5 years.
Individual cost of £600.
That is £3 million of cash flow.
Then a "return" is offered further down the road anything from a share in the club through to free ST draws, seat upgrade, bring a guest for free, discounted box, free merch etc. And we could be in the Championship/Prem but more importantly we will survive the current uncertainty.

I know....silly idea....

ESB pays me by the word for my input on these boards. It’s in my interest to double post occasionally - it’s all tax deductible.
I said we should pay by quality, but he went for quantity instead. If he had listened to me, we would be paying @Pete Burrett instead.

I've been talking to someone closely connected to the club today who has been privy to conversations with other league 1 and 2 clubs. There is a very real fear that a number of clubs may not survive the next year, or will become little more than academy sides. He said that at least a dozen teams were in real danger of not making the start of the next season with a similar number looking at serious cuts just to get to the point where crowds can return. However, he said that our board were confident that we could come out of this stronger and had already had conversations with players to reassure them that contracts would be honoured. This won't come cheap, and every bit of support we can offer now and into next season will all help. But I think we are luckier than many others and no one should feel guilty about asking for help if they've fallen on hard times during this crisis. Everyone needs to do what is right for them and their families.
I've also got a source at the club and whilst it obviously wasn't the reason for them, the Baptiste/Fosu sales are one of the reasons that we are not having a cashflow problem as a result - I'd rather have lucky Generals than good ones! However, as a consequence we won't be able to invest that money as readily in other prospects. But then, I'll take that position for now considering what many other clubs are going through. Our sustainable model ain't looking so shabby now. If we do stay down in L1, I think we will be very strong next year.

I've also got a source at the club and whilst it obviously wasn't the reason for them, the Baptiste/Fosu sales are one of the reasons that we are not having a cashflow problem as a result - I'd rather have lucky Generals than good ones! However, as a consequence we won't be able to invest that money as readily in other prospects. But then, I'll take that position for now considering what many other clubs are going through. Our sustainable model ain't looking so shabby now. If we do stay down in L1, I think we will be very strong next year.

As I’ve seen stated elsewhere, those two sales look even better business with hindsight.

Back
Top Bottom