General Ray Sargeant

My best to you and your family. Sounds like an indelible legacy has been left, I hope you can draw comfort from that when you're able to.

I’m sorry to hear of your sad loss…difficult times for you and my condolences to you and your family

Condolences mate, he's always sounded such a great bloke, the way you've described him over the years.

He bought you up the right way (to be an OUFC fan) and it's great that he took you to your first game at The Manor, a memory that you'll always have.

My dad died about 18 months ago, and unlike yours, he never took me to see OUFC. He grew up in Lake Street, and was an Oxford City fan, so he took me to see them play instead, in the mid 1960's, and refused to take me to see United. I fought against it and when I was 10 my uncle (his brother) took me to The Manor. There was no looking back from then on and I was hooked, but over the years I'd wished it was my dad that had first taken me up there. You do have that though mate, and always will do.

RIP Ray.
Belated condolences @Sarge as I've hardly visited the forum this week.

@Colin B , I lived in School place (off Vicarage Street) 1944-54 and my dad wouldn't entertain anything other than amateur football
Moved to Wood Farm after that so within walking distance of the Manor. Followed the U's from Southern League days much to my dad's disgust and was a season ticket holder until moving to Hull in 73.
Unfortunately my dad died in 85.

Sorry to hear your sad news Sarge. A difficult time for all. I'm sure you will shed a tear but also celebrate his life.

Back
Top Bottom