Matches Pubs for May 18th

Jason N

What are peoples thoughts about drinks before and possibly after the game? Train or Bus into London drinks before going to the stadium or a pub near the ground??

I'm thinking about The Windermere next to South Kenton tube as I've got my 5 year old with me so want somewhere slightly more laid back and easier to get a drink than the pubs nearer the stadium.

My only worry is it welcomes coaches and minibuses, so could be full of pissed up Wanderers fans.

Has anyone been to The Windermere on our previous Wembley visits?

Planning on getting train from Parkway and drinks at the Green Man.

We'll be getting to the Green Man for around lunchtime. See you there.
Is the Green Man pretty massive?

If its a nice day we'll likely want somewhere with a pub garden. I was too young to drink before 2010, but had a few crafty pints after!

For the PaintPot v Barnsley drank around Baker Street. Boycotted the other one.

Apparently the green man is the official pub for all supporters in the west end of the stadium which is us
They have a huge beer garden as well ….. so I’m guessing everyone will go there

The Green Man was absolutely rammed for the Conference playoff final against York, a good atmosphere but a bit of queue to get a beer iirc. Get there early would be my advice.

Personally with my advancing years I might try somewhere not quite so boisterous!😉

It's weird. Everyone on the Bolton forums and on here is discussing travel, accommodation (in our case) pubs etc.....but nobody seems to want to discuss the actual game.
Maybe it's because it's a one off shoot out in which anything could happen and the usual in depth analysis of selections, tactics, form etc just becomes less relevant?

It's weird. Everyone on the Bolton forums and on here is discussing travel, accommodation (in our case) pubs etc.....but nobody seems to want to discuss the actual game.
Maybe it's because it's a one off shoot out in which anything could happen and the usual in depth analysis of selections, tactics, form etc just becomes less relevant?
Maybe it’s because you battered us 5-0? I think Bolton should spend the next week re-watching that and planning for the Championship. The only way you can be stopped is if you’re not confident enough imo.

Apparently the green man is the official pub for all supporters in the west end of the stadium which is us
They have a huge beer garden as well ….. so I’m guessing everyone will go there
it was 'our' designated pub for the playoff gave v york - absolutely rammed , great atmosphere in there pre match

This is the pub thread, be random if someone starts chatting about false 9s on here?

I am not drinking as I have to drive to the airport at 2.45am the next day, still going to the pubs though. Probably somewhere in Paddington then walk to Baker Street for a drink, tube then the green man for the pre match atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom