Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming that something will happen in the not too distant future, and when it does, it won't be difficult to improve the match day experience at the club, probably the worst in all the leagues.... (Wycombe is shite but at least they've got a t*tty bar :) )..

I'd love to see the board do what the they've done at Spurs and also the new F1 regime whereby it is not just about the football, Entertainment in and around the site, live music and entertainment pre and post match. It's easily done, look at the atmosphere that was created at the Priory with the Marquee and the inflatables etc.. That will bring more and more fans back into football (along with a decent football team).

edit: A mate of mine is a Spurs fan and he says that the entertainment at the stadium is awesome, drink service is lightening and the idea is to get the fans in very early pre-match and keep the fans in late into the evening. Grabbing valuable revenue, not just for a couple of hours but for 8 or 9 hours... (can't wait).

Last edited:
I'm assuming that something will happen in the not too distant future, and when it does, it won't be difficult to improve the match day experience at the club, probably the worst in all the leagues.... (Wycombe is shite but at least they've got a t*tty bar :) )..

I'd love to see the board to do what the they've done at Spurs and also the new F1 regime whereby it is not just about the football, Entertainment in and around the site, live music and entertainment pre and post match. It's easily done, look at the atmosphere that was created at the Priory with the Marquee and the inflatables etc.. That will bring more and more fans back into football (along with a decent football team).

edit: A mate of mine is a Spurs fan and he says that the entertainment at the stadium is awesome, drink service is lightening and the idea is to get the fans in very early pre-match and keep the fans in late into the evening. Grabbing valuable revenue, not just for a couple of hours but for 8 or 9 hours... (can't wait).
I’m sure there’ll be space for a titty bar

Space ✅
Stadium ✅
Train link ✅
Bus routes ✅
Additional facilities (hotels, entertainment etc) ✅
Thousands of customers on the doorstep.✅
No costly planning, building, delays. ✅
Potential to increase crowds and associated income. ✅
In the City.✅

Remind me why we are "moving" ?

Even FK will have a price............ everyone has a price....

Space ✅
Stadium ✅
Train link ✅
Bus routes ✅
In the City.✅

But will the price be a vaguely sensible one?
Will there be any chance of a 'return' on the investment'
My guess is that the answer will be 'no' to both questions.
That is why we may well be looking to move.

Space ✅
Stadium ✅
Train link ✅
Bus routes ✅
In the City.✅

Titty bar ❌

Question answered.

Essexyellows just you and me then with anything between our ears.
Of course FK has a price - and at the moment it is within the grasp of our board - but will they go for it?

I think its been said several times over the years
that the price is far from fair given the cost of bringing the ground up to standard. And the principal reason for that is the lucrative rent deal that the florida denture king signed us up to.

If only we knew the figures on the table.
Lets say the £13.5 million often mentioned is a reality for the stadium and it`s car park footprint alone that site is (roughly) 15 acres if you include the hotel.
Round these parts building land, with planning for houses, sells at £1 million an acre, from that owner/developer has to do the associated facilities, electric, gas, roads etc.
Add in an Oxford premium and lets say that land is worth £18-20 million for housing, a developer won`t pay a lot more as they need to make their profit and will be slightly hamstrung by council insistence on affordable housing and PPG16 (or whatever it is called) money for local good etc.
Say the standing structure is worth £3-£4 million, I`m not sure on the used football stadia pricing TBH.

If the board went to FK and offered him £25 million for the ground, the footprint and the hotel I bet he would take it.
They then have plenty of opportunity to develop the site, the ground and not burden the Club with years of planning expense, a mountain of new debt and a ground in the middle of nowhere.................and the titty bar could be built next to the Bird.

Lets say the £13.5 million often mentioned is a reality for the stadium and it`s car park footprint alone that site is (roughly) 15 acres if you include the hotel.
Round these parts building land, with planning for houses, sells at £1 million an acre, from that owner/developer has to do the associated facilities, electric, gas, roads etc.
Add in an Oxford premium and lets say that land is worth £18-20 million for housing, a developer won`t pay a lot more as they need to make their profit and will be slightly hamstrung by council insistence on affordable housing and PPG16 (or whatever it is called) money for local good etc.
Say the standing structure is worth £3-£4 million, I`m not sure on the used football stadia pricing TBH.

If the board went to FK and offered him £25 million for the ground, the footprint and the hotel I bet he would take it.
They then have plenty of opportunity to develop the site, the ground and not burden the Club with years of planning expense, a mountain of new debt and a ground in the middle of nowhere.................and the titty bar could be built next to the Bird.

If the entire site was acquired, the titty bar would be in the (refurbished) Priory wouldn't it? ;)

25 million and still have ka$$am as owner of across the road ozone? No thanks he will try and block everything we do and let the place go to derelict like the priory. It's buy everything, redevelop it. Or move to another location.

It's buy everything, redevelop it. Or move to another location.
That would be the only way I can see of there being a return on buying the stadium - buying the stadium on it's own and refurbishing it would make no financial sense. But then if jolly old Uncle K is either not prepared to sell (or not prepared to sell at a price that makes any sense) there's not much they can do - even if there were a clause in our contract with him about buying the stadium, I doubt very very much whether it refers to the rest of the site!

Essexyellows just you and me then with anything between our ears.
Of course FK has a price - and at the moment it is within the grasp of our board - but will they go for it?
'Anything between your ears' The only ones?
Out of interest you have suggested that the price is within the grasp of the Board. If you know this then what is that price?

I'm very reliably informed that the cost of refurbishing the stadium and by that I mean fixing it is c.£7-8m such is the state of it's disrepair following 20 years of make do and mend. There's a lot of Dettol needed for the toilets :cool:

I'm very reliably informed that the cost of refurbishing the stadium and by that I mean fixing it is c.£7-8m such is the state of it's disrepair following 20 years of make do and mend. There's a lot of Dettol needed for the toilets :cool:

I think a flame thrower would be better than Dettol!

And that figure doesn't include establishment of the titty bar which is critical to the future of the club as a revenue generator.

And that figure, of course, does not mean expanding, adding a fourth stand or filling in the corners. Just putting right what is wrong now. Scary sums of money!

Exploit the fact it is a Community Assett and get "us" involved with any re-furb.
Like a giant version of DIY SOS.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom