Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just not bother then!
If we owned a stadium I think reaching out to local businesses to do work at cost or gratis in return for free advertising/mentions over the tannoy is a great idea but the current situation doesn't align with the idea imho.

That's fantastic. I can see there being plenty of volunteers to help with cosmetics at a new stadium but I'm not spending any time tarting up Kassam's asset. @Scotchegg - could you get some work parties from your prison to come along and build our new stadium - call it vocational training??

That's fantastic. I can see there being plenty of volunteers to help with cosmetics at a new stadium but I'm not spending any time tarting up Kassam's asset. @Scotchegg - could you get some work parties from your prison to come along and build our new stadium - call it vocational training??

A week before the lockdown I had a meeting at the training ground to talk about just that! Not construction (yet) but groundwork, maintenance etc. Although that's on hold, there will hopefully be positive links in the future with Oxford also doing more to support rehabilitation in the community.

A week before the lockdown I had a meeting at the training ground to talk about just that! Not construction (yet) but groundwork, maintenance etc. Although that's on hold, there will hopefully be positive links in the future with Oxford also doing more to support rehabilitation in the community.
Very good - pre-season tour of HMPs as part of the deal to play the prison sides?

The club has two options. Persist with the attempt to get FK to agree a sale (no chance) or, pack up and move on.
Absolutely. But until that happens, people need to wind their necks in and stop the bullshit “let’s get him, lads!” routine that our current management team so willingly encouraged when they took over. The man has every single card in his pocket and our balls firmly in the palm of his hand. We will go eventually - we simply have to - and we have no idea presently what that means or looks like. The beast, however, should not be angered. There is no moral victory to be had over him, merely survival or death.

As for people who wonder if him retiring and handing his affairs down would help the club, I assume they’ve forgotten that children who witness extreme hatred towards their family name are very unlikely to think favourably of those who tarnish it!

Anyone heard anything more on this, have we identified any more sites etc. correct me if I’m wrong but the lease runs out 2025.
Tiger said on the Fans forum Last Night that talks have been on hold with Kassam owing to the Covid 19 pandemic

Tiger said on the Fans forum Last Night that talks have been on hold with Kassam owing to the Covid 19 pandemic
There is an awfully long way to go and an awful lot of dust to settle with regard to the impact of Covid. If we have any realistic designs on Grenoble Rd, or a move away from it for that matter, I think we are going to have to remain patient. No decisions will be taken quickly in the current climate and we may just have to be thankful that we have a team to support and a (unloved, run-down, tatty) stadium to play in for a while yet....

There is an awfully long way to go and an awful lot of dust to settle with regard to the impact of Covid. If we have any realistic designs on Grenoble Rd, or a move away from it for that matter, I think we are going to have to remain patient. No decisions will be taken quickly in the current climate and we may just have to be thankful that we have a team to support and a (unloved, run-down, tatty) stadium to play in for a while yet....
I would be saying to the board, no complacency. Identify the land, make a bid to buy, get the planning sorted and get on with it!

The possible areas of development have all been identified by the City council, something similar will have been done by the County Council (thinking of Water Eaton here)
There is no time for complacency. FK has the planning lead from OCC, he can develop (or sell for development) the Grenoble road site so long as there is an alternative stadium - that is there in black and white.

I would be saying to the board, no complacency. Identify the land, make a bid to buy, get the planning sorted and get on with it!

The possible areas of development have all been identified by the City council, something similar will have been done by the County Council (thinking of Water Eaton here)
There is no time for complacency. FK has the planning lead from OCC, he can develop (or sell for development) the Grenoble road site so long as there is an alternative stadium - that is there in black and white.
Time will tell I guess!

The problem is we still really have no idea what the owners’ intentions or strategy is. Is it to take control of GR? Relocate? Or even to negotiate a better lease with FK? After two years of rumours and speculation they’re still really keeping their cards very close to their chests!

Absolutely. But until that happens, people need to wind their necks in and stop the bullshit “let’s get him, lads!” routine that our current management team so willingly encouraged when they took over. The man has every single card in his pocket and our balls firmly in the palm of his hand. We will go eventually - we simply have to - and we have no idea presently what that means or looks like. The beast, however, should not be angered. There is no moral victory to be had over him, merely survival or death.

As for people who wonder if him retiring and handing his affairs down would help the club, I assume they’ve forgotten that children who witness extreme hatred towards their family name are very unlikely to think favourably of those who tarnish it!
Get of your high horse!! I am sure Ka$$am and his family sunning themselves in Monaco are not going to be reading a poxy internet forum and worrying about daddy being called a c**t. Deep down they all know it anyway.

The problem is we still really have no idea what the owners’ intentions or strategy is. Is it to take control of GR? Relocate? Or even to negotiate a better lease with FK? After two years of rumours and speculation they’re still really keeping their cards very close to their chests!
It’s to relocate.

It’s to relocate.
That is the way it started to appear from KR and NMcW’s recent comments but when Tiger was asked the question ‘Is there any developments with the stadium situation?’ Tiger’s answer was something along the lines of ‘No, weve not really had discussions with FK because of covid’. As I’ve said before though, he could have just decided to talk about the short term situation, but if that was the case surely the corona virus situation neednt hold up basic discussions on the lease arrangement?

Hmmm.....come on Fizza...do the decent thing and enjoy a few stress free years living off your substantial gains.....now is the time to rid yourself of the ongoing thorn in your side that is the Kassam Stadium....no longer do you need to worry about whether you can extract more money for less "investment" - relax...let it be our problem....you know it makes sense!!
or more likely, daughter Feroza takes charge and is a chip off the old block...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom