Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
If post-takeover, significant barriers were put in their way by Councils/appeals etc., they could potentially get fed up and take their investment elsewhere. Unlikely imho but always a possibility.

The point I was trying to make is that this consortium have no interest whatsoever in developing the Kassam and so talk of it on this forum is a waste of time. If they (for whatever reason) were to move on, then talk about any stadium development whether new or at the existing site would become moot as the survival of the club would be front and centre.

You're 100% right, but you know that there will be those who only read the bit about getting fed up and walking away!

Welcome to yet another edition of The Magic Roundabout

Dougal and Florence were playing on some land in Grenoble Road, Brian and friends had tried to buy the land without success

Boing !!!! Time for a New Home said Zebedee

The hairstyle is similar :)

1628844633002.png 1628844660531.png

To think 20 years ago Wednesday gone (11th) was our first home league game at the Kassam against Rochdale, losing 2-1!

Let’s hope the next journey proves more fruitful.

Would have been a good time to have announced the new stadium and truly start to feel those chains release/ease!!

Last edited:
Can I just make a suggestion instead of us going around in circles about a new stadium or where it’s going to be why not just concentrate on filling the one we currently have or is that to simplistic

Can I just make a suggestion instead of us going around in circles about a new stadium or where it’s going to be why not just concentrate on filling the one we currently have or is that to simplistic

Far to simplistic...... we rarely fill the current one, have around 4-5k ST holders............ but we need a new bigger one with lots of other "stuff" to add to "the matchday experience".
Get up on a Saturday, decide to go to the football, meet some mates for a pint, go to the match, then go home/for some grub doesn`t generate enough income you see......

I overheard a conversation at the game last night. The subject was the forthcoming takeover & poss injection of cash.
Subject of the new stadium came up & 1 said he’d seen the plans for the new stadium well over a year ago & the intended site was Kidlington .

I overheard a conversation at the game last night. The subject was the forthcoming takeover & poss injection of cash.
Subject of the new stadium came up & 1 said he’d seen the plans for the new stadium well over a year ago & the intended site was Kidlington .

We all know the intended site is Kidlington , but until a planning application is in and approved it doesn't mean its happening.

We all know the intended site is Kidlington , but until a planning application is in and approved it doesn't mean its happening.
Over a year ago and this is coming to light now? I would think they would be improved upon now and if it was over a year ago why have they not been submitted? Have they been gathering dust on the shelf?
I know these things take time but if they were over a year ago someone would have for a wiff about them and it would have been made known on here.
I think that overheard comment should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Over a year ago and this is coming to light now? I would think they would be improved upon now and if it was over a year ago why have they not been submitted? Have they been gathering dust on the shelf?
I know these things take time but if they were over a year ago someone would have for a wiff about them and it would have been made known on here.
I think that overheard comment should be taken with a pinch of salt.
This has all been known about for some time. Various plans have been circulated and various sites investigated. Nothing has been publicly decided and no overheard conversations in the ground would really have any merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom