Panel Representatives 2022-23

"10% Retail Discount | show your Season Ticket at the Club Shop checkout to receive 10% off everything in-store*"

suggests you have to go there.

@Steve Gilbert - I'll take this forward to ask why an online discount code can't be applied for season ticket holders. Especially exiles who will not be attending games frequently.

@Steve Gilbert - I'll take this forward to ask why an online discount code can't be applied for season ticket holders. Especially exiles who will not be attending games frequently.
That’s brilliant SE, thank you. I think the club will find it beneficial and could actually sell more shirts along with other things if people who don’t live in Oxfordshire can’t get to the club shop but still benefit from the discount online.

Think Mrs Bazzer sent an email to the OUSP earlier today with the same idea or an incentive based idea.
Personally I think the marketing team could have done better with an incentive of some form

That’s brilliant SE, thank you. I think the club will find it beneficial and could actually sell more shirts along with other things if people who don’t live in Oxfordshire can’t get to the club shop but still benefit from the discount online.
It's a technical issue.

It's a technical issue.
It shouldn't be a problem. Any season ticket holder would be able to use their "Yellows Account" by signing in on the club website, exactly as they would to access the ticket site. That has a record of their fan number and details related to that fan number. Any purchase made from the on-line version of the club shop could have the 10% discount applied and recorded.
As it stands, the club shop site still lists "Loyalty Cash" as an option. Somebody really needs to revamp the site and make life easier for all.

One that should be relatively easily fixed with a bit of desire to do so

I don't know the specifics, but apparently the software packages that we have for our online services (procured by former eymployee) are not fit for purpose and they really restrict what the club are able to provide.

There may be ways around it, but they may not be as simple as we may think unfortunately.

I will discuss with OUSP and the club for some clarity either way.

Think Mrs Bazzer sent an email to the OUSP earlier today with the same idea or an incentive based idea.
Personally I think the marketing team could have done better with an incentive of some form
She found out this morning that it didn’t settle via outlook so she will resend as an email. But I was impressed with her when she mentioned about the price and what she intended to write about it. Obviousness it is contentious with cost of living and so forth and a missed marketing opportunity to entice new fans and keep the regular fans appeased so it would have been a win win.
I know @Scotchegg is bringing this up with OUSP and hopefully we can get a result

Come on Essexyellows. You know that you want to .....

I really don`t, but there are those who are so blinded they do not see, that will lap up the opportunity to wear "full training kit" at the back of the SSU. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Lets take a guess............. there will be insufficient nominations so those either in post, standing down or otherwise will remain in place de facto whilst waiting for the glory of being on the CAB........... then the fighting will start.

Although how they propose to hold an election is beyond me.................... who gets to vote? "Friends & Family" ? Any supporter? ST Holders? 🤷‍♂️

I really don`t, but there are those who are so blinded they do not see, that will lap up the opportunity to wear "full training kit" at the back of the SSU. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Lets take a guess............. there will be insufficient nominations so those either in post, standing down or otherwise will remain in place de facto whilst waiting for the glory of being on the CAB........... then the fighting will start.

Although how they propose to hold an election is beyond me.................... who gets to vote? "Friends & Family" ? Any supporter? ST Holders? 🤷‍♂️
Away fans only! (But they'll need their ticket stubs)

I shouldn't even give this decency of a reply, but like FoSB, you can't allow people to lie for their own misguided agendas.

Those people who stand at the back of the SSU are not there because of links with the Oxford United Supporters Panel, but because they give up their time to be part of the matchday team. Some do it for very little money but just to help others have a better experience at games. I do it voluntarily. 2-3hrs before games, and at other occasions outside of matchdays.

Just like I volunteer to be part of the Supporters Panel. Going to meetings in the evening, in my own time, at my own expense. Often taking time off work or moving family commitments to make sure that I'm free, or joining via Teams when other things clash.

Meeting with fans before games, assisting with the fans forum, and of course, looking to help others to get the best matchday experience that they can have. And that means holding the club or the key people to account where appropriate or working alongside OxVox to support the stadium project and many other things that don't always make the news but still impact others.

I've really enjoyed my time on the Panel and would absolutely encourage others to apply if they think that they have something to offer. Sadly, you always get a few who have nothing positive to say about anything. But that shouldn't put anyone off and hopefully the more candidates that put themselves forward, the stronger the panel and the bigger impact we can have.

If its not for you, then that's fine too.

I shouldn't even give this decency of a reply, but like FoSB, you can't allow people to lie for their own misguided agendas.

Those people who stand at the back of the SSU are not there because of links with the Oxford United Supporters Panel, but because they give up their time to be part of the matchday team. Some do it for very little money but just to help others have a better experience at games. I do it voluntarily. 2-3hrs before games, and at other occasions outside of matchdays.

Just like I volunteer to be part of the Supporters Panel. Going to meetings in the evening, in my own time, at my own expense. Often taking time off work or moving family commitments to make sure that I'm free, or joining via Teams when other things clash.

Meeting with fans before games, assisting with the fans forum, and of course, looking to help others to get the best matchday experience that they can have. And that means holding the club or the key people to account where appropriate or working alongside OxVox to support the stadium project and many other things that don't always make the news but still impact others.

I've really enjoyed my time on the Panel and would absolutely encourage others to apply if they think that they have something to offer. Sadly, you always get a few who have nothing positive to say about anything. But that shouldn't put anyone off and hopefully the more candidates that put themselves forward, the stronger the panel and the bigger impact we can have.

If it’s not for you, then that's fine too.
I’m very grateful for the volunteers such as your good self @Scotchegg and what you contribute to the club and community

If its not for you, then that's fine too.

Remember OUSP represents all supporters irrespective of your personal opinion so try playing the subject not the man in the normal condescending way, you aren`t at work.

That aside................

I fully support those who volunteer. More power to anyone who volunteers.

How they deliver that volunteering is the problem when a long established, independent, democratic, recognised supporters group often struggles to find enough of those volunteers.

The panel is a club concept that some ran with without seeing it as the thin end of the corporate journey to a fully formed FAB/CAB to tick a Crouch Report box so the Club management can say "we`ve done that".

Its also somewhere where other organisations like the FSA have been blindsided by "corporate football".

A far simpler solution would have been to utilise the established Supporters Trusts that exist at many clubs to do the same things even if they needed more volunteers.

I fully support those who volunteer. More power to anyone who volunteers.

How they deliver that volunteering is the problem when a long established, independent, democratic, recognised supporters group often struggles to find enough of those volunteers.

Complaining that someone volunteers for something other than the thing you want them to volunteer for is not a very compelling argument.

Back
Top Bottom