OxVox and Tiger meeting notes out

Owning the stadium? not important.
Directors? Him and DE probably, maybe more later...
Carabao? Might be involved, in the fullness of time...

Ive said before that I don’t think owning the stadium is important. £500k a year rent is a big deal in l2. In the championship it’s peanuts. Getting better terms so we have full running is more important than actually owning it, where u need to splash 20 or more years rent up front. There are still 2 other directors, and carabao might be involved as a sponsor. Wow that’s a cause for concern , a company that sponsor Chelsea and a major cup competition, who would probably be the biggest name and sponsorship deal we have ever had .

Still a lot of questions to answer, and most of the concern won’t be got rid of until we see proof in his actions. But I’m less worried after seeing the second interview and reading the notes than I was after the press conference

He's got it right about the standard of club merchandise!

Guy may not have come across well but we do need to give him time and support. Actions speak louder so let's see how the first 6 months goes.

He's got it right about the standard of club merchandise!

Guy may not have come across well but we do need to give him time and support. Actions speak louder so let's see how the first 6 months goes.

Well he’s paid for dickie and branagan, used his contacts to bring in loans from Man City and Chelsea, and made big money offers for Moore and Cole before he even owned the club, so a pretty decent start.

Well he’s paid for dickie and branagan, used his contacts to bring in loans from Man City and Chelsea, and made big money offers for Moore and Cole before he even owned the club, so a pretty decent start.
Totally agree with this.

Since we’re all for getting questions answered u still didn’t answer one ,who’s confidentiality did u break? Darryls ?
Love how if I make any sort of claim or allegation, I’m the one who has to prove it. A defamatory statement is made against me and I’m still the one expected to prove it...

Feel free to carry on with the “ooh look a squirrel approach”, but I’m more interested in who has actually now bought our club.

Also in regards to the main press conference yesterday that did not go very well. Chris Williams did organise it so he should have set it up better with a prepared statement etc!

Since we’re all for getting questions answered u still didn’t answer one ,who’s confidentiality did u break? Darryls ?
Love how if I make any sort of claim or allegation, I’m the one who has to prove it. A defamatory statement is made against me and I’m still the one expected to prove it...

Feel free to carry on with the “ooh look a squirrel approach”, but I’m more interested in who has actually now bought our club.

That’s why I asked the question? It seemed an odd allegation to throw out. I’m not asking u to prove anything I just wondered what its in relation to. I’ve asked Colin as well but no reply. As for them not answering ur questions in the original thread, they weren’t actually questions, but a list of things that have happened in the past and people he has known. I’m sure if u list out ur actual questions and send them in (as they have offered) they will ask them and get the answers back to u. I got a feeling u won’t believe the answers anyway

Ive said before that I don’t think owning the stadium is important. £500k a year rent is a big deal in l2. In the championship it’s peanuts. Getting better terms so we have full running is more important than actually owning it, where u need to splash 20 or more years rent up front. There are still 2 other directors, and carabao might be involved as a sponsor. Wow that’s a cause for concern , a company that sponsor Chelsea and a major cup competition, who would probably be the biggest name and sponsorship deal we have ever had .

Still a lot of questions to answer, and most of the concern won’t be got rid of until we see proof in his actions. But I’m less worried after seeing the second interview and reading the notes than I was after the press conference
If anything I am more concerned. Nothing has yet come across as the actions or thoughts of a properly planned approach to running a football club. Nothing concrete, except that Tiger likes Oxford, the city.

I am sure that Jem and the committee had more questions and more incisive ones but, on the basis of the notes published, we have discovered very little. The major news in all that is that Tiger was in discussions back in November. Here we are in February and what are his plans?

If anything I am more concerned. Nothing has yet come across as the actions or thoughts of a properly planned approach to running a football club. Nothing concrete, except that Tiger likes Oxford, the city.

I am sure that Jem and the committee had more questions and more incisive ones but, on the basis of the notes published, we have discovered very little. The major news in all that is that Tiger was in discussions back in November. Here we are in February and what are his plans?

To buy young promising players, to use his contacts to bring in the same from some of the top clubs in the country on loan. And I’m guessing as we didn’t lose any to keep hold of more of our top talent than we have been. And thats gained from his actions. I don’t get the mad need for the vision, he’s state his aim, to get us up spending wisely. Possible future sponsorship, better merchandise, using the brand to make us attractive abroad. A new shop in the city, better fan engagement. That a pretty good start, seeing he’s been here 3days . Kassam gave a great laid out vision that didn’t happen, eales had a five year plan, that didn’t happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s why I asked the question? It seemed an odd allegation to throw out. I’m not asking u to prove anything I just wondered what its in relation to. I’ve asked Colin as well but no reply. As for them not answering ur questions in the original thread, they weren’t actually questions, but a list of things that have happened in the past and people he has known. I’m sure if u list out ur actual questions and send them in (as they have offered) they will ask them and get the answers back to u. I got a feeling u won’t believe the answers anyway
Firstly, it was carefree who said OxVox hadn’t answered my questions.

Secondly, I think you’re taking “questions” rather literally. My original post on Tiger and co raised a number of issues and concerns regarding their tenure at Reading. That clearly raises questions about what their plans would be at Oxford and, in this context, “answering the questions” means dispelling those concerns, surely? Has anything been published which does that?

Finally, my initial post on Tiger and Co focused quite heavily on his links to others who were also involved at Reading. Your line was very much that I shouldn’t worry about this as there was no evidence that any of these individuals would be involved at Oxford. The clear inference here was that if these individuals WERE involved, then there were grounds for concern. Now we have confirmation that Jack Srisumrid IS involved, do you still believe there are no reasons to be concerned?

The major news in all that is that Tiger was in discussions back in November. Here we are in February and what are his plans?
I know it’s not like me to be pedantic, but the notes actually show that they were in contact with Tiger’s group as early as the start of October. And at that point they were emailing Jack Srisumrid! This is one of the two with clear links to Shinawatra who is clearly a pillar of respectability.....

My interpretation of what was said was that only Dickie was "his". But its a guess.

I can’t speak for anyone else on here, but I was really hoping for some proper meaningful insight into the plans our new owner has for the club. Taking us forward was something that DE stepped back from. I needed to hear a clear and definitive statement from our new owner and I am afraid that I never got it.
In fact, we are worse off information wise now than we were beforehand.
Because of this vacuous press conference, the rumour mill keeps on turning. Ffs, I ain’t no businessman, but when I buy summat, I can tell you why I bought it and what the f**k i’m gonna do with it.

If you intend on spending big to own the stadium, the best players or best manager do you think it is wise to say so?

DE has done extremely well negotiating the best deals for the clubs in the transfer market and that was always on the basis that we don't need to sell and will only pay fair honest prices.

If Tiger comes in shouting that stadium ownership is crucial and he is going to chuck money at players to go up the leagues we will end up like Bury and FK will just up the price of the stadium.

He has identified the Oxford brand as a way of maximising one of the clubs revenue streams which makes perfect sense.

He has identified the Oxford brand as a way of maximising one of the clubs revenue streams which makes perfect sense.
And, fortunately, there's no recent history of investors of dubious repute getting involved in football to exploit the global cachet of the "Oxford" brand.......

Back
Top Bottom