Votes: 1 2.4%

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
Not rubbish not great either ....his 2 assistants did zero in the way of assisting it seemed ...as a team of officials a generously average 5 from me

I thought he was poor and inconsistent. Just didn't deal with their blatant time wasting from the first minute. To be fair to him he also had to make every decision for the clown running the line on the South stand touchline. He would not make any decision and just stood there waiting for the ref. Useless

I thought he missed a lot. Again.

He was not helped by his totally clueless assistants.

Rating just him? 4 - below average.

Rating the whole officiating team? 2 - a long long way below average.

He was good today. Should have done their keeper the 1st time he stood there holding the ball for ages whilst it was in play. But he got him in the end, which is more than most Refs. Generally consistent.

Last edited:
Why was the indirect free kick on the edge of the box given to us, in the last few minutes?

Why was the indirect free kick on the edge of the box given to us, in the last few minutes?

Because their keeper held the ball for far too long in open play after Drysdale told him multiple times to get on with it and was ignored. Hence he got booked for timewasting as well. It wasn't the first time in that period either.

Because their keeper held the ball for far too long in open play after Drysdale told him multiple times to get on with it and was ignored. Hence he got booked for timewasting as well. It wasn't the first time in that period either.
I never realised it was indirect freekick for holding the ball for too long, I thought it was just a booking.
Just checked the rules, quite simple really .... "An indirect freekick will be awarded if the goalkeeper controls the ball with his hands for more than 6 seconds before releasing it"
So it begs the obvious question, WHY, as this occurs every game does the ref not award more indirect free kicks. It is quite simple for the ref to count to six, slowly, no need to book the goalie, just award an indirect free kick. The rule is simple to understand, there is no ambiguity, so just enforce it.

I never realised it was indirect freekick for holding the ball for too long, I thought it was just a booking.
Just checked the rules, quite simple really .... "An indirect freekick will be awarded if the goalkeeper controls the ball with his hands for more than 6 seconds before releasing it"
So it begs the obvious question, WHY, as this occurs every game does the ref not award more indirect free kicks. It is quite simple for the ref to count to six, slowly, no need to book the goalie, just award an indirect free kick. The rule is simple to understand, there is no ambiguity, so just enforce it.
Literally every ref in the country ignores this rule and this has been the case for a very long time and I'm pretty sure the rule came into play in the late 90's. We were plagued with it back in the Conference and now Wycombe swear by it as their keepers try and rinse 20-25 seconds when they aren't feigning injury on the floor.

Another rule which has not only been ignored, but almost endorsed is when taking penalties, the player must run and strike the ball in one sweep - this mean no stutters in the run up or when about to kick yet the footballing pundits and even videogames have turned this rule into a 'style' of play.

Some Sunday League refs do a better job of enforcing what is fringe rules but when it comes to the actual professional leagues, it's a joke what players can get away with.

Individually he would get a 7 from me, but the officials come as a "team" and the lino`s dragged the score down to a 5.

I gave him a 7.

I liked the way he didn't insist that every free kick had to be taken from the exact spot the misdemeanour took place.

Even gave us a weird free kick at the end for the Exeter keeper time wasting.
Not sure it was at all 'weird'
He has been warned a number of times. He is supposed to release it after 6 seconds. I reckon 2 to 3 times he held it for 20+ seconds.
The weird thing to me was that the referee didn't give the free kick a lot earlier ( or booked the keeper at a goal kick). All if the ridiculous time wasting would simply have stopped.

I thought he had a decent game with very little support from his assistant on South stand side. He allowed the game to flow. He missed a push in the back on Long in 2nd half in the penalty area, I would have given it !

Not sure it was at all 'weird'
He has been warned a number of times. He is supposed to release it after 6 seconds. I reckon 2 to 3 times he held it for 20+ seconds.
The weird thing to me was that the referee didn't give the free kick a lot earlier ( or booked the keeper at a goal kick). All if the ridiculous time wasting would simply have stopped.

Never ever seen time wasting punished like that in years! So thought it was weird

You also get an indirect free kick if play is stopped to caution or send off a player, so take your pick.

Lino clueless, but fair play for giving the indirect FK, unfortunately most wouldn't.

7 from me, seem to me the ref had told his assistants I’ll make the decisions, you just give the offside and throw in’s, good call on the indirect free kick.

I take your point, but just think that the time wasting from the keeper was more than I have seen for years.
I guess that the referee agreed ( but he should have done it earlier)

I think the GK got a warning just before he actually got booked, literally ignored it and took the P**s even worse a minute later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom