Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
Had a decentish game, took ages to book Kane. Add3d 8 mins 7 from me

Ref did ok, both linesman were iffy, but no game changing decisions made so a solid 5.

Missed the first late tackle on Brannagan so Barnsley knew they could get away with niggly fouls. It's one thing letting the game flow when players dive but this approach to reffing leads to a scrappy spectacle of a game. It's a fine line I agree but he got it wrong far too often. I lost count of the numerous pushes on the back of the man who received that ball to his feet. That's not an excuse as we deserved to lose but if this is the way reffing is going we've got to become more physical.

Did well recognising time wasting. 4 from me.

Last edited:
He was awful. Lost control of the game and Barnsley took advantage. We joined them in the niggly tactics in the end starting with Sam Long body checking their forward running through.

The keeper actually took the P**s of the Ref with his time wasting and his booking changed absolutely nothing with him doing the same thing afterwards.

Also, the lino in front of the Barnsley fans needs to read up on what is a foul throw as Barnsley did a series of them when trying to kill time.

The keeper actually took the P**s of the Ref with his time wasting and his booking changed absolutely nothing with him doing the same thing afterwards.
This really annoys me - if a keeper is carded for timewasting and yet continues to do it, he should be carded again.

In the whole history of football, has a goalkeeper (or an outfield player for that matter) ever been sent off for two yellows for timewasting ?

This really annoys me - if a keeper is carded for timewasting and yet continues to do it, he should be carded again.

In the whole history of football, has a goalkeeper (or an outfield player for that matter) ever been sent off for two yellows for timewasting ?
I seem to recall an Ireland youth keeper with a bizarre stutter step to goal kicks being sent off for timewasting. Can't find the video of it though.
Regarding the ref, was largely fine but had to cut out the rough stuff earlier. One of those where a yellow would have set the tone.

Apparently so...

...and an outfield player being sent off in the first half of an international for timewasting...

Apparently so...
Obviously I need to watch more Toto Cup football!

Jamal Lewis' first yellow was for a foul, so not meeting my criteria for two time-wasting yellows. It was also a bit harsh - but if that is what it takes to keep the ball in play, then bring it on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom