Votes: 13 30.2%

Votes: 10 23.3%

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
A decent consistant ref who handled the game well I thought

(Waved away a pen shout each....to be fair the SW shout was a close call)

8 from me

Last edited:
Not a difficult game to ref but that shouldn't detract from the fact that he was generally competent.

7.. tried to allow the game to flow, picked up on the early time wasting after Wednesday scored there first goal. Decent performance.

Pretty much as good as you could hope for. Occasional pedantry, but the only time it caused problems was the Mcnally FK. If I were an owl I would probably be unhappy about the non-peno.

Let's be honest, he gave us a lot of decisions, particularly early on, not least the penalty.

One of the better ones we have seen lately. I was actually saying that during the times we were losing - so not just because we won! Pretty consistent, the decisions he made were clear and from where I was sitting both penalty shouts looked correct. I would be happy to have a ref like that every week.

Can't think of many decisions I disagreed with. Allowed a great game of football to flow. 9

Did anyone notice how involved the 4th official was? He spent a lot of time talking to the players (from both sides) on the touch line. At one point I had to double check that he wasn’t part of the coaching staff.

Lino north stand side was not the best . Always let players get away with gaining numerous amount of yards on throws and free kicks.

On that. Why are keepers who take a free kick around the side of the box allowed to throw the ball yards closer to the box??

Probably the best ref we've had this season even with missing a penalty for them. The way the player went down definitely cost them because from the ref's position it would've been difficult to see the contact from Sedds and he goes down so dramatically that to the ref it probably looked like he was looking for it. Nice to have one of those go our way, mind, I lost count of how many clear pens Sykes in particular was denied earlier in the season.

Let the game flow, didn't throw about random cards and was generally very consistent. Welcome back any game.

Probably the best ref we've had this season even with missing a penalty for them. The way the player went down definitely cost them because from the ref's position it would've been difficult to see the contact from Sedds and he goes down so dramatically that to the ref it probably looked like he was looking for it. Nice to have one of those go our way, mind, I lost count of how many clear pens Sykes in particular was denied earlier in the season.

Let the game flow, didn't throw about random cards and was generally very consistent. Welcome back any game.
if he didn't see the contact he cannot give the penalty regardless of perceived actions

as i've said on another thread the referee only has to decide was it a foul yes or no, he cannot add filters like well he was fouled but i don't like the way he went down

he was a fairly decent ref but i still say his marks on here would be much lower had he denied us the penalty.

Pretty good - I'm inclined to say that if a young, relatively inexperienced ref can manage a game like that, why can't the others?
I thought the foul on their RB was a penalty... would have been outraged if it was the other way around.

I watched back the foul that led to the twice taken free kick and Mcnally took the original free kick from the correct position to where the foul had occured. Why the ref made him retake it from 5 yards back is strange. Ultimately led to Windass scoring amd Matty Taylor scoring 20 seconds after the restart.

I watched back the foul that led to the twice taken free kick and Mcnally took the original free kick from the correct position to where the foul had occured. Why the ref made him retake it from 5 yards back is strange. Ultimately led to Windass scoring amd Matty Taylor scoring 20 seconds after the restart.
There was a paper plane on the pitch!

Back
Top Bottom