Votes: 7 29.2%

Votes: 6 25.0%

Votes: 3 12.5%

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Decentish game ...got a bit card happy in 2nd half...seemed to be blind to the antics of their goliath like defender (tbf matty was no angel)

However, marking the ref as a team of officials the lino with the yellow flag cost him 2 points ( in my marking of the team of officials), that lino missed a number of offsides and even more crucially/ costly he the ball going out of play in the build-up to Bolton's 2nd...6 from me

Last edited:
Thought he was slow literally writing booked players onto his book, think they took a quick FK which we easily stopped but he called it back, then we took a quick one but he was still writing.

A good performance though

He was good. Always up with play and very decisive with his decisions, you can see why he refs at a higher level.

A strong 9 for me. Visible and invisible at the right time. Only an iffy penalty on 90+2 minutes for us would have earned him a 10. Irony eh! 😉

I wasn’t overly impressed. Seemed a bit of a homer in all honesty, so perhaps I shouldn’t complain - but first half in particular I thought we benefited from some strange decisions.

He also did that irritating thing I hate about refs which is let things go at will for 70 minutes then decide almost every foul is a yellow card after that point.

I did appreciate him cracking down on players strolling ten yards down the touchline from where the ball went out for a throw. Both teams were almost constantly doing it (to a worse degree than usual)…

I thought he was fairly consistent. I didn't think he was a homer really - the Bolton fans seemed to have the idea that us tackling them shouldn't be allowed! I quite liked the fact that he let the minor pushing and shirt tugging go, but that escalated into grappling at times which should have been punished. I also liked him making players take throws from at least roughly where they should be! An 8 from me.

Last edited:
I thought he had quite a good game. His job was made a lot easier because both teams came to play football, none of this shithousery, trying to con the ref, time wasting rubbish.
A bit slow in going through the booking process, how long does it take to write a name in book and brief description of offence?

Back
Top Bottom