National News Ooopppsssss.............

I wonder how much it will cost the freight company for jamming up one of the world’s busiest canals

Passed through the Suez Canal a few times in my Navy days, locks are quite narrow, series of lakes inbetween allowing ships to pass in each direction which travel in convoys with a canal local shipping pilot on each lead ship, so should not have happened

I wonder how much it will cost the freight company for jamming up one of the world’s busiest canals

Another big hit for Lloyds on the horizon I reckon.
Bad enough the tolls they charge for the Suez, they`ll be after loss of income on 50 or so ships a day.....

I was buzzing yesterday when my BP shares were rising on the news, because of rising fuel prices...hedging my bets

would have thought that unless it was a mechanical defect then nothing - the ships have a pilot on board from the canal authority - they are in charge in effect.

It`s free!!!!

Your Chinese crap will arrive shortly!

My chicken in black bean sauce and egg fried
It`s free!!!!

Your Chinese crap will arrive shortly!

My chicken in black bean sauce and egg fried rice will be cold by now though.

would have thought that unless it was a mechanical defect then nothing - the ships have a pilot on board from the canal authority - they are in charge in effect.
But was a pilot on board all the ships are doing are travelling through the Suez without stopping, and I can’t remember if we had one when I went through the Suez

But was a pilot on board all the ships are doing are travelling through the Suez without stopping, and I can’t remember if we had one when I went through the Suez
Would think so , went through on the Royal Yacht few times, also Ark Royal, we had them then, that was in the 60s so with modern technology these days , may be not, would think they would still go through in convoys. Also had pilots going through the Panama Canal which is much wider

Would think so , went through on the Royal Yacht few times, also Ark Royal, we had them then, that was in the 60s so with modern technology these days , may be not, would think they would still go through in convoys. Also had pilots going through the Panama Canal which is much wider
A decade before my time the Ark was being Mothballed in Guz or that might have been the hook we could see from Raleigh, and that was 5 decades ago damn my memory is a sieve.

Back
Top Bottom