National News Ooopppsssss.............

Apparently the wind was to blame which is hardly surprising when you consider what a slab-sided monster of a ship it is and having witnessed the winds in Egypt.
The authorities should ban such ships travelling through the canal.

Apparently the wind was to blame which is hardly surprising when you consider what a slab-sided monster of a ship it is and having witnessed the winds in Egypt.
The authorities should ban such ships travelling through the canal.
Totally agree, their just doesnt seem to be any limit to what you can squeeze through a small space, amazing how they stack them so high, as you said, probably due to the wind, would hate to be on one in an open rough sea.

But was a pilot on board all the ships are doing are travelling through the Suez without stopping, and I can’t remember if we had one when I went through the Suez
there were apparently 2 pilots on board the Ever Given. Actually reading more the terms of traversing the canal is even though they have to have pilots on board, it is still the responsibility of the captain/master on board - so yes, will be all the fault of the captain of the ship. Seems like the role of the pilot now is more like tour guide.

It`s free!!!!

Your Chinese crap will arrive shortly!

No it won’t. She’s basically sailed a few miles North and is still there.

27aaf6722fa32bf9ba6bc4690ad8c6c4.png

Possibly pulled over on a wider bit to check the structure before continuing?

Nope. The Suez Canal Authority is suing the vessel owners for a cool $1bn in damages. This one will run and run. I hope she had nothing perishable on board.

Nope. The Suez Canal Authority is suing the vessel owners for a cool $1bn in damages. This one will run and run. I hope she had nothing perishable on board.

Seems the owners are also suing the operators........

Back
Top Bottom