National News Official 2019 General Election Thread

On the train on the way back from doing a bit of work in Bradford. Should arrive in Canterbury about half two, straight to the polling station, then off to the pub.

No-one in Bradford that I’ve spoken to is voting Tory. Mind you, many of them were Muslims so I can understand why not.

A Brexit choice !!
Vote labour for a choice on Brexit ... a negotiated 'soft' brexit deal that protects workers rights and jobs is a real possibility.... then a peoples vote on a soft Brexit deal or remain ... thats a real choice

as is the chance to end a decade of austerity, crippling cuts, and misery under a heartless tory government

its time for change ... its time we had a government that reunites the people, that cares about the many, not the (privileged ) few

Last edited:
As a side note I wonder if the people who share "vote Labour" or "vote Conservative" posts on social media genuinely think they're convincing anybody to vote for those parties, or if they're just doing it as a kind of brag?

Take me back to the days where your vote was private.

Vote labour for a choice on Brexit ... a negotiated 'soft' brexit deal that protects workers rights and jobs is a real possibility.... then a peoples vote ... thats a real choice

Sadly not an option around here, far too weak. It’s Conservative or Lib Dem here (Plaid and the Greens have stood aside) so it’s Lib Dem for me and hope for the best. At least Lembit Opik’s gone now ..........

Sadly not an option around here, far too weak. It’s Conservative or Lib Dem here (Plaid and the Greens have stood aside) so it’s Lib Dem for me and hope for the best. At least Lembit Opik’s gone now ..........
is he still with that cheeky girl?

in a lot of 'shire/ county constituencies the only way to stop a tory majority is to vote lib dem
cast my vote earlier today ( in Oxford East) - ive not long arrived in South Somerset, Torys won the seat here two elections ago, held on with a very narrow majority at the last ( Maybot) election, its former lib dem leader Paddy Ashdown's old constituency, distinct likelihood of a lib dem gain here ( and several similar seats too)

gotta say I personally couldnt vote for a party led by a proven liar and chicken, nor could I even vote for someone who goes by the name of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

got the beers in already in preparation for a long night, doing my own tribute to Otis Redding, watching the results roll in.... on rad ox Jerome is doing an allnighter from 10pm - 6am covering the results from Oxon n surrounding areas, and no doubt results from further afield too.... will probably have Tv on, muted with Jerome on the radio..... im hoping for a few 'Portillo' moments tonight .... as well as seeing the Brexit party decimated, and the torys ousted

On to a more serious thing, the SNP vote tonight could be an interesting one - there are few cracks in their sheen up there and while the vote won't disappear, it looks they won't get back to the seats they had a few years ago. And that could have a subtle impact on the rest of the UK.

gotta say I personally couldnt vote for a party led by a proven liar and chicken, nor could I even vote for someone who goes by the name of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

got the beers in already in preparation for a long night, doing my own tribute to Otis Redding, watching the results roll in.... on rad ox Jerome is doing an allnighter from 10pm - 6am covering the results from Oxon n surrounding areas, and no doubt results from further afield too.... will probably have Tv on, muted with Jerome on the radio..... im hoping for a few 'Portillo' moments tonight .... as well as seeing the Brexit party decimated, and the torys ousted
IDS or Matt Hancock could be the ones to look out for, but it's hard to know with IDS as Shaheen is a rather marmite sort of character and a bit too Corbynista for some normal Labour supporters.

Back
Top Bottom