Manager/Coach Odd situation.

I'm not suggesting anything, what I am saying is that without question, the majority of supporters would of been underwhelmed if Mous was immediately made coach if Robinson left, no caretaker roll, no interim roll, but a full time managerial appointment which he now been given at Portsmouth.
Which would be a totally different scenario to what has just happened at Portsmouth, where he has been appointed after a full recruitment process. You’re comparing apples to oranges. He’s never been handed a full-time management job on a plate and we’ve never recruited anybody in such a manner that I can recall, so I don’t really understand the point. Your scenario would never have occurred.

I'll get my prediction in early, Mous won't take Portsmouth to the Championship.

He’s never been handed a full-time management job on a plate and we’ve never recruited anybody in such a manner that I can recall, so I don’t really understand the point.
Not even Waddock? That didn't seem particularly thorough despite what IL tried to maintain.

I'll get my prediction in early, Mous won't take Portsmouth to the Championship.
not that Im itk in anyway but, from interviews on local media Mous comes across as a decent chap - maybe too decent to make it as L1 side, where a degree of ruthlessness is often needed? has he got another side to him that can tap into a bit a nastiness when needed?- time will tell I guess

John Mousinho holds the highest coaching badge it is possible to obtain. He has a full UEFA Pro Licence. He’s also been a professional footballer for over 15 years as well as being the current Chairman of the PFA. He began coaching the first team here before LBS did, and he’s also been captain of several clubs, which is very much relevant in terms of experience.

He also doesn’t stop at the Burger King drive-thru at Cowley on his way to coach a professional football team before a game, which is a huge plus point for me.

LBS = Left back search?

Odd indeed.

Mous is that girl at school who fancied you, but (despite flirting back a bit) you never intended going out with.

Out of nowhere she gets with one of your worst enemies - and you're weirdly jealous - even though deep down you still don't really fancy her. You just liked having the option...

You move on. There's plenty more fish in the sea - and you're a good catch yourself now. Quite a few girls would jump at the chance.

So why oh why are you still getting off with the dinner lady?
Can we get a girl manager? Would get great press and marketing opportunities too.

Can we get a girl manager? Would get great press and marketing opportunities too.
Appointing a female manager would help for global marketing and sponsorship opportunities, but I think admitting to that would be very, very cynical!

There's a lot of innovation coming from within the women's game and I certainly wouldn't be against bringing in a woman if they were the best person for the job, either as manager or assistant or part of the wider coaching team.

Back
Top Bottom