Manager/Coach Odd situation.

Royalstandard74

If karl was given the boot, would we have been happy with Mous as a replacement? (Possible not) but he's good enough to be at Portsmouth?

Also does this not prove that karl is going nowhere if an understudy is considered good enough for, undoubtedly a bigger managerial club appointment?

Odd.

I like Mous, I think he's a good man and has a bright future in management. However, if/when a change happens I'd want us to look at an established and successful manager or a young (relatively) unknown with a pedigree of PL youth or u23's behind them. Had there been a change already then Mous as assistant to the new manager would have been the ideal outcome but I'm not sure that he's ready (yet) for the top job at a club that wants to be as ambitious as we do.

Who knows. The board dont seem too interested in allowing things to slide on the pitch from where they previously stated they should be.
kr running amok with a team going nowhere is seemingly acceptable, with teams such as Blackpool and Portsmouth taking decisive action to correct things on the pitch.
Waste of a season and money spent on a season ticket, where so much was promised.

I like Mous, I think he's a good man and has a bright future in management. However, if/when a change happens I'd want us to look at an established and successful manager or a young (relatively) unknown with a pedigree of PL youth or u23's behind them. Had there been a change already then Mous as assistant to the new manager would have been the ideal outcome but I'm not sure that he's ready (yet) for the top job at a club that wants to be as ambitious as we do.
Very diplomatic as always, so which club is showing ambition?

Who knows. The board dont seem too interested in allowing things to slide on the pitch from where they previously stated they should be.
kr running amok with a team going nowhere is seemingly acceptable, with teams such as Blackpool and Portsmouth taking decisive action to correct things on the pitch.
Waste of a season and money spent on a season ticket, where so much was promised

It's not as big as a Brian Horton moment but it's pretty damp big.

Clearly Portsmouth, who have seen a strong prospective manager and no doubt will have the structure in place to support him, which on relection our board do not, despite promises of a beefing up of the managerial structure.

Clearly Portsmouth, who have seen a strong prospective manager and no doubt will have the structure in place to support him, which on relection our board do not, despite promises of a beefing up of the managerial structure.
Correct, either Robinson is backed now or he goes! Hopefully the latter! Either way the board need to show what they're about.

If karl was given the boot, would we have been happy with Mous as a replacement? (Possible not) but he's good enough to be at Portsmouth?

Also does this not prove that karl is going nowhere if an understudy is considered good enough for, undoubtedly a bigger managerial club appointment?

Odd.
I believe Mous would have liked the chance here

I am pretty much on the same page- however no-one has been suggesting L B-S should make the step up when he has more experience of managing a side of players.

Let's see. I am not sure that Pompey fans will necessarily agree with you!!

Time will tell. Mous as first team manager for a league 1 club looking for promotion in the next 18 months is a huge gamble. If he succeeds and takes Portsmouth up next year then Mous and their board will deserve huge credit. If they struggle then Mous may not last until the end of next season and the board will face criticism for not getting someone proven. We're not making any changes at all, and arguably lack the ambition many would want. However, if holding now means getting a top class manager in the summer that takes us up next season then the board will be able to demonstrate that ambition sometimes means playing the longer game.

I am pretty much on the same page- however no-one has been suggesting L B-S should make the step up when he has more experience of managing a side of players.
John Mousinho holds the highest coaching badge it is possible to obtain. He has a full UEFA Pro Licence. He’s also been a professional footballer for over 15 years as well as being the current Chairman of the PFA. He began coaching the first team here before LBS did, and he’s also been captain of several clubs, which is very much relevant in terms of experience.

He also doesn’t stop at the Burger King drive-thru at Cowley on his way to coach a professional football team before a game, which is a huge plus point for me.

He also doesn’t stop at the Burger King drive-thru at Cowley on his way to coach a professional football team before a game, which is a huge plus point for me.

You’d have to be a degenerate to do such a thing. Their breakfast range is utter toilet.

Mousinho was the perfect caretaker to be given a chance. Similar to the manager at Plymouth.

The reality is he’s been given an opportunity that he didn’t get here because the board stuck with Karl & will continue to do so till the summer.

When we part company with Karl at the end of the season, Mousinho wouldn’t have been in the running like he would’ve been during the season.

Odd indeed.

Mous is that girl at school who fancied you, but (despite flirting back a bit) you never intended going out with.

Out of nowhere she gets with one of your worst enemies - and you're weirdly jealous - even though deep down you still don't really fancy her. You just liked having the option...

You move on. There's plenty more fish in the sea - and you're a good catch yourself now. Quite a few girls would jump at the chance.

So why oh why are you still getting off with the dinner lady?

Odd indeed.

Mous is that girl at school who fancied you, but (despite flirting back a bit) you never intended going out with.

Out of nowhere she gets with one of your worst enemies - and you're weirdly jealous - even though deep down you still don't really fancy her. You just liked having the option...

You move on. There's plenty more fish in the sea - and you're a good catch yourself now. Quite a few girls would jump at the chance.

So why oh why are you still getting off with the dinner lady?
Quality!

Back
Top Bottom