Matches November

BristolOx

Between now and Brannagan’s return (Ipswich-ish) we’re really quite lucky in terms of games.

Portsmouth - Saturday 2nd
This will be tough with our lack of midfield depth. Maybe Sole getting some minutes? Our players looked nackered for the first time this season last night in the last 10mins so with one or two of Fosu, Baptiste, Henry & Sykes/Hall having to play 90mins - hopefully we’ll be alright.

Hayes & Yeading - Sunday 10th
FA cup, with an 8 day break after Pompey. Can experiment with the squad. Even experimenting we should be confident. (Obviously)

Crawley Town - Tuesday 12th
Leasing.com trophy played at the Checkatrade.com stadium! Again we can play anyone - still no one cares about this.

Ipswich Town - Saturday 16th
Will be postponed

Southend - Saturday 23rd
Have been awful. But with Sol now manager and the fact they’re the somehow unbeatable to us. f**k Southend.

FA Cup 2nd Round - Saturday 30th
Currently blank.

So a month with only 2 league games and currently 0 home games. I actually think, given our performance last night and current injury situation - this couldn’t have come at a better time. We obviously wanna keep the momentum going, but as reasons I’ve already stated (injury and fatigue), I’m pretty happy with this.

Thoughts?

Agree.

We have great squad depth, we really do - but that shouldn't disguise the fact that Cameron Brannagan is crucially important to our chances.
KR described him as the best player in the division, and that's probably not far wrong.

So if he only misses two league games, that's a big relief.

I'd take a point on Saturday, to be honest. I know Portsmouth haven't started the season well, but they've got some good players and we're some key players short and bound to be a little weary.

When will the Ipswich game be confirmed as postponed? Holding off buying tickets incase its rescheduled for a Tuesday night that I won't be able to make.

When will the Ipswich game be confirmed as postponed? Holding off buying tickets incase its rescheduled for a Tuesday night that I won't be able to make.

Not long after the international squads are announced. My guess is that squads will be announced this Friday so by Monday the game will be postponed.

If that’s right then we have 21 days between serious games (Portsmouth away - Southend)

Plenty of chance to rest players and let the likes of Brannagan and Cadden get fit and healthy again.

I’d be tempted to give Fosu and Dickie a three week break to the Carribean ?

If that’s right then we have 21 days between serious games (Portsmouth away - Southend)

Plenty of chance to rest players and let the likes of Brannagan and Cadden get fit and healthy again.

I’d be tempted to give Fosu and Dickie a three week break to the Carribean ?

Chance to work on set pieces for the Man City game. :)

Back
Top Bottom