Votes: 3 11.1%

Votes: 1 3.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
reasonable ish- albeit hes a NL league level referee- a few strange decisions , but nothing match changing-
a steady , average 5 from me

Thought he was fairly anonymous, which in this context is a positive. The red card was odd, I’m not convinced that he ever got around to showing the card.
The lines person had a bit of a mare though.

Neither were pens in my eyes (in the home stand, around the halfway line). Theirs was a harmless challenge, and ours was a case of the ball-to-hand. Too many nothing decisions awarded to both sides throughout the game, and (from my angle) Dyche's 2nd yellow was very harsh.

Not terrible, but far from good.

Thought he was fairly anonymous, which in this context is a positive. The red card was odd, I’m not convinced that he ever got around to showing the card.
Ditto, I saw the yellow and then a min later the player looked like he was coming to the touchline to get subbed off, only we noticed nobody was coming on in his place.

He did show the Red Card, it was clear on iFollow. Dyche hadn't been booked prior according to RadOx.

6 from me average but made theee decisions that questions will be asked both penalties and the sending off but handled them.
Shame there isn’t a poll for the lino🥴

The penalty we got was ridiculous. The Northampton player is wellying the ball out on the ground “ave it” and it hits another Northampton players arm on the way. Was he trying to stop it? No. Could he move his arm away? No. But rules are rules.

He did get shown red, it's just his cards are more orange coloured than most. Again RadOx trying to be sharp and looking like plums.
Gave an extremely inexperienced impression overall, his body language wasn't great and he was looking down/looking for reassurance regularly (see the two penalties). When he had to make a decision you could see he started hurrying to do things, case in point the red card if you can be bothered to on IFollow where he's trying to find and then show the card. Also where he got the spray out to mark the free kick, then found and gave the yellow...didn't look good, you give the card confidently (explain it to the player if you need to), mark your book, then spray the free-kick).
The two penalties and the red were all soft, but giveable I suppose. I can't help thinking that if he gave the opposite to all of them we would be saying similar or better marks. But I suppose those are brave decisions that should be applauded...he just needs to sell them better.

Oh yes, the assistants (particularly the woman). Not up with play at all and too slow.

Wasn't there, but looking at the iFollow footage, the first pen was more than soft - not quite sure how it was given. The Cobblers player probably ought to have been booked or at least warned for going down far too easily, and I can see no fault on Murphy.

The second one was a penalty by the letter of the law, but in this case the law is an ass. The player wasn't seeking an advantage, the ball was hit at him from a couple of yards away and I am not convinced he was intentionally 'making his body bigger' by stretching his arms out. Unless players are going to play the game with their arms firmly clamped to their sides like Irish dancers, I am not sure what they can do!

Wasn't there, but looking at the iFollow footage, the first pen was more than soft - not quite sure how it was given. The Cobblers player probably ought to have been booked or at least warned for going down far too easily, and I can see no fault on Murphy.

The second one was a penalty by the letter of the law, but in this case the law is an ass. The player wasn't seeking an advantage, the ball was hit at him from a couple of yards away and I am not convinced he was intentionally 'making his body bigger' by stretching his arms out. Unless players are going to play the game with their arms firmly clamped to their sides like Irish dancers, I am not sure what they can do!
Maybe but rules are rules

Women assistant, as for the offsides she. im afraid was quite poor., she had no chance keeping up with Edwards when he broke away.

Neither were pens. Their lad should’ve been sent off for a straight red and a second yellow. Murphy could definitely have been sent off first half. The lad who was sent off was sent off for nothing. I thought he was hopeless tbh and we’re all being a bit kind because we won easily.

Neither were pens. Their lad should’ve been sent off for a straight red and a second yellow. Murphy could definitely have been sent off first half. The lad who was sent off was sent off for nothing. I thought he was hopeless tbh and we’re all being a bit kind because we won easily.

Thanks for clearing that up 🙃

reasonable ish- albeit hes a NL league level referee- a few strange decisions , but nothing match changing-
a steady , average 5 from me

Out of curiosity, Sarge - if two dodgy penalties and an absurd red card don't count as match changing decisions, what exactly would??

Or are you just saying that we were so superior to Northampton in every way that the ref couldn't have changed the outcome even if he'd been bought!?

I thought he was utter rubbish. But thankfully, he's a conference ref so we won't see him again any time soon in a competition that matters!

Seemed completely out of his depth to me, as for the woman/she/them/ her whatever she calls herself running the line was dire. At half time it was noticeable that Murphy was straight over to him for an explanation of their penalty.

Out of curiosity, Sarge - if two dodgy penalties and an absurd red card don't count as match changing decisions, what exactly would??

Or are you just saying that we were so superior to Northampton in every way that the ref couldn't have changed the outcome even if he'd been bought!?

I thought he was utter rubbish. But thankfully, he's a conference ref so we won't see him again any time soon in a competition that matters!
fair comment that, and fair qs too ... agree pens were both iffy - we've seen em given- as we did last night ( and last night they levelled each other out?) , the red was late on and we were then 3-1 up. Although not great, last nights match officials were a low level upgrade ( in consistency stakes if nowt else, on the last trio of jokers we had imposed on an Oxford game)

It was the JPT- level of referee ( and assistants), were 'non league, as was thier handling - however in comparison to that excuse for of referee ( Sam Purkiss) and his brainless assistants in the last league game, Gareth Rhodes was no where near as shambolic (IMO)

fair comment that, and fair qs too ... agree pens were both iffy - we've seen em given- as we did last night ( and last night they levelled each other out?) , the red was late on and we were then 3-1 up. Although not great, last nights match officials were a low level upgrade ( in consistency stakes if nowt else, on the last trio of jokers we had imposed on an Oxford game)

It was the JPT- level of referee ( and assistants), were 'non league, as was thier handling - however in comparison to that excuse for of referee ( Sam Purkiss) and his brainless assistants in the last league game, Gareth Rhodes was no where near as shambolic (IMO)

Like for young players, using the Abomination Trophy for NL Refs getting experience at clubs of a higher level is a sensible policy.

Ref ok, the pens were pens in re strict letter of law. It’s not his fault that the rules are as they are.

The female assistant referee was however slow and downright incompetent .

I've just watched the highlights.
Both penalties and red card were correct.
For the first penalty the defender catches the attacker on the back of the foot just inside the area. (Should really have cleared it a couple of seconds before).
The second penalty was hand ball. The ball hits the defender's hand and his arm is out. Not much chance to get out of the way but it does allow him to unintentionally control the ball.
The red card is a straight red for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity. The defender flicks the ball with his hand, if he doesn't then Harris is through on goal.
All correct.

Back
Top Bottom