National News Nigel Farage's closed bank account

Farage is a c**t. HSBC are C***s.

There are only losers here.

Including me for talking about it.

Edit: interesting that the profanity filter capitalises the plural of c**t. I wrote it as C***s with a small c.

2nd edit: Well, perhaps 'interesting' is stretching the point.

And now the Coutts dame has been forced out after being backed by the board.
Still 38% owned by the government.
Furthermore ten banks have refused to open an account for him.

The upside to all this is that the general consensus that people shouldn't lose their right to personal banking because of their views.

If she discussed details with a BBC reporter, I am not surprised.
Although Farahe is a pretty distasteful character, I would have thought that banks have to keep personal details confidential and talking to the BBC is hardly professional?

The upside to all this is that the general consensus that people shouldn't lose their right to personal banking because of their views.

...and that banks are every bit as massive C***s as Farage is?

I dislike Farage and all he stands for intensely, but NatWest are in the wrong on virtually all aspects of this. Leaking false information to the media (in fact leaking *any* personal information about *any* customer to the media!) to try and cover their arses was just pathetic. Once you stop people having a bank account because of their political (but entirely legal) views then we are all in trouble - obviously, once people stray into criminality that's a different matter. I am not convinced by banks not wanting to let people have accounts because they are 'politically exposed' - if the details are not made public and there is no criminality proven or suspected (in which case they ought to notify the police), what difference does that make? Letting someone open an account in no way implies that the bank supports the political views of the customer!

She deserved to go purely because of talking to the BBC.
Of course the information divulged to the BBC might well go further And that might cause a few headaches.
I am sure many in the BBC would like to cause more trouble on this issue

I am sure many in the BBC would like to cause more trouble on this issue
And of course others will try to use this as a stick with which to beat the BBC - although if you cannot rely on the boss of the bank involved as a 'source' I am not sure where that leaves *any* journalist.

Staggering that the CE had been forced to resign but nobody has resigned follow the post office forcing the jailing of innocent postmaster. Truly staggering.
Now that REALLY is a scandal.

I guess hundreds of completely innocent post office employees losing jobs, being fined, going to prison and even committing suicide in some cases is simply not as bad as one politician being told to move his bank account...

And of course others will try to use this as a stick with which to beat the BBC - although if you cannot rely on the boss of the bank involved as a 'source' I am not sure where that leaves *any* journalist.
Farage didn’t hold the BBC responsible, saying that they had double checked with the CEO before going public with the information.
I do think his demands that the whole board are removed is going too far, but it keeps him in the news

Why should those responsible in any way with the scandal get away with it? There should be an enquiry to see how it should be dealt with.
The post office scandals were truly shocking affecting so many innocent people. Suicides resulted as a direct cause along with imprisonments that were gross mismanagements of justice

Staggering that the CE had been forced to resign but nobody has resigned follow the post office forcing the jailing of innocent postmaster. Truly staggering.
Hadn't a lot of those in charge already moved on ( it was some time ago)?
If the decision makers are still around, I totally agree ( although they doesn't mean that the NatWest CEO also shouldn't have gone)

Hadn't a lot of those in charge already moved on ( it was some time ago)?
If the decision makers are still around, I totally agree ( although they doesn't mean that the NatWest CEO also shouldn't have gone)
Some may have moved on, but the organisation itself is still delaying, appealing and doing anything else they possibly can to avoid paying out due compensation. Those running the organisation NOW ought to be held responsible for that at least. Top PO officials were paid a 'bonus' to cooperate with the inquiry! The PO are still hiding and then 'suddenly discovering' thousands of documents, the sudden discovery meaning that the inquiry is paused while those are all taken into account etc etc. Here is the latest state of play: https://www.theguardian.com/comment...fice-scandal-cover-up-justice?mibextid=Zxz2cZ

Whatever the colour of your politics, the situation is completely indefensible.

Now that REALLY is a scandal.

I guess hundreds of completely innocent post office employees losing jobs, being fined, going to prison and even committing suicide in some cases is simply not as bad as one politician being told to move his bank account...
Is Farrage a politician? I thought he was an anti semitic, racist, Nazi loving, free loading, grifting bag of s**t.

Is Farrage a politician? I thought he was an anti semitic, racist, Nazi loving, free loading, grifting bag of s**t.
He is all of those things and has also been an MEP, so probably more accurate to call him an ex-politician. Apologies for the inaccuracy! ;)

CEO should have been sacked. Broke the law.
Beginning of the end for commercial wokery,

Labour naturally not having a clue. The Shadow Chancellor is a total idiot.

Diversity is fine - but don’t you dare vote for Brexit.

Back
Top Bottom