National News Nigel Farage's closed bank account

boogaloo

Nigel Farage has had his bank account closed by Coutts Bank. He claims it's because of his political beliefs, and the 'establishment' are trying to silence him. Coutts have said it is because he doesn't have enough money in his bank, and the holding company (NatWest) have even offered him another bank account.

The 40 page dossier that Farage has published today us is NOT, and I repeat NOT the reasons for his account closure. They are merely minutes from meetings of what Coutts Bank said about him. This is routine stuff for any PEP (Politically Exposed Person). It's nothing personal - it's just to keep an eye on where there could be possible corruption, so their activities have to be monitored. Nothing more than that. Furthermore if as Farage claims 'the establishment' are out to get him, then a) why didn't they do this back in 2016 when all this Brexit nonsense kicked off? and b) why did NatWest offer him another bank account?

When a bank wants to get rid of you, you must be a racist, Nazi, c**t.

Heā€™s all for the free market and no ā€˜wokeā€™ restrictions on the operation of companies so I canā€™t see whatā€™s complaining about. If they think heā€™s a cā€”- theyā€™re within their rights to tell him to f**k off, the whinging snowflake.

This will be the only time I have some sympathy for NF.
The bank did suggest that he didnā€™t have enough money to keep his account open. On that basis they opened the door to all of this. They should have said squarely from the start that whatever reasons the account were closed are within the privacy of the bank and the client and on that basis we will never comment further on this.

As it is someone has tried to suggest that he didnā€™t have enough cash and has opened the bank up to all of this.

NF is a lying scumbag but he like all of us has the right to not have his bank give anything on why they closed his account.

I hope they delivered the news with a snappy one liner. Die Hard style.

ā€œBut you canā€™t do this! I have rights!ā€

ā€œOh, youā€™ve got rights. Including one that youā€™d been hoping weā€™d allllllllll forgotten about. Freedom of movement.ā€

And then they roundhouse kick him in the chest and he flies through a window.

I hope they delivered the news with a snappy one liner. Die Hard style.

ā€œBut you canā€™t do this! I have rights!ā€

ā€œOh, youā€™ve got rights. Including one that youā€™d been hoping weā€™d allllllllll forgotten about. Freedom of movement.ā€

And then they roundhouse kick him in the chest and he flies through a window.

Itā€™s amazing what they can do with CGI these days. Looks almost human.
IMG_4298.jpeg

This will be the only time I have some sympathy for NF.
The bank did suggest that he didnā€™t have enough money to keep his account open. On that basis they opened the door to all of this. They should have said squarely from the start that whatever reasons the account were closed are within the privacy of the bank and the client and on that basis we will never comment further on this.

As it is someone has tried to suggest that he didnā€™t have enough cash and has opened the bank up to all of this.

NF is a lying scumbag but he like all of us has the right to not have his bank give anything on why they closed his account.
They responded to allegations of inappropriate action by pointing out he no longer met the criteria for having services with the bank, and that he was offered alternative with NatWest. They didn't say he didn't have enough money - one of the criteria for having an account is also how much you are borrowing from them, and it has subsequently come out (not from a bank statement - was I believe in the docs that NF released about it) that it was because of a v large mortgage he had at one stage.

They responded to allegations of inappropriate action by pointing out he no longer met the criteria for having services with the bank, and that he was offered alternative with NatWest. They didn't say he didn't have enough money - one of the criteria for having an account is also how much you are borrowing from them, and it has subsequently come out (not from a bank statement - was I believe in the docs that NF released about it) that it was because of a v large mortgage he had at one stage.
It was hinted at. I heard a senior source at the bank gave a wink and a nudge and that shouldnā€™t have happened. They should have said ā€œhis account was closed and we will not comment whatsoever as to why.ā€

It was hinted at. I heard a senior source at the bank gave a wink and a nudge and that shouldnā€™t have happened. They should have said ā€œhis account was closed and we will not comment whatsoever as to why.ā€
"heard a senior source at the bank gave a wink and a nudge" - is that like the "family sources" that turned out to be the euphamism for hacked phones?

I wonder why they decided to close his accounts.
Surely they should give a reason as this will affect his credit rating.
Whoever has a bank decide to close their accounts surely deserves a valid reason.
Iā€™m sure they were making a good profit on his balances held and the banks always seem very happy to pay peanuts on deposits whilst ripping off consumers who want loans.

Whoever has a bank decide to close their accounts surely deserves a valid reason.
Iā€™m sure they were making a good profit on his balances held and the banks always seem very happy to pay peanuts on deposits whilst ripping off consumers who want loans.

They probably did give him a reason. Mr Farage isn't always forthcoming when it comes to providing the full facts. He's cut from the same cloth as Boris.

When you join the terms state you must either keep a substantial amount of money with them, or be borrowing a lot from them. And they say that if you can't maintain this the option is an exclusive NatWest account. So he accepted those terms. Then when he paid off his mortgage with them he lost the borrowing a lot part that got him the account (he doesn't have that much money deposited with them). They have him 6 months to meet terms, or go to the offered NatWest account.

Back
Top Bottom