General Niall McWilliams

Totally his decision of course, just like all the other local Oxford fans working for the club who have suddenly taken the decision to step down around the same time...

Totally his decision of course, just like all the other local Oxford fans working for the club who have suddenly taken the decision to step down around the same time...
That’s what I was thinking as well something is amiss at the club

link to OWS announcement... NMW is stepping down as from the end of the season

A fan of the football club, who when he joined, mentioned about how exciting it was to work for the club because of the bright future it has, decides to leave their role after 7 years just when we at one of the most exciting cross roads in the clubs history.

Nothing odd about that at all, especially after the comms manager has just left, who just happens to be a fan of the football club as well and has been at the club for over 20 years.

I hope Tim doesn't feel like the club are over communicating by writing such a long piece about Niall rather than just the 9 lines that Chris Williams got...

There goes the last man on the Board/Senior Management with any true affiliation to Oxford United.
Rest assured whatever happens - whether stadium, management, retail, customer relations - or anything else and whatever the badge kissing on their social media, we are now being entirely led by people without OUFC in their DNA.

There goes the last man on the Board/Senior Management with any true affiliation to Oxford United.
Rest assured whatever happens - whether stadium, management, retail, customer relations - or anything else and whatever the badge kissing on their social media, we are now being entirely led by people without OUFC in their DNA.
I wonder if Benson has had any influence on these
Decisions by true supporters of OUFC?

link to OWS announcement... NMW is stepping down as from the end of the season

No comments from Tim Williams, but rather Grant instead... intriguing

There was a time when posters on here thought that Niall and I were one and the same! I'm sure that some thought that this was an insult, but it would have been an honour to have been mistaken for the man that has done so much to (hopefully) secure our new home and the future of our club. The work that Niall has done can not be under estimated, and much of this has been done behind the scenes without him ever seeking the credit that he deserves. Niall was the one voice that fought to have the training ground in the clubs name, and to ensure that the club are protected at every step of the stadium project and beyond. He built up so many positive relationships with key stakeholders and he has managed to smooth over some very difficult paths that have got us to the brink of success.

There's a very real chance that without Niall McWilliams there would be no Oxford United, and I for one am grateful for everything he has done.

From my own personal opinion, of a fan will little knowledge of internal workings at the club i must say the last two departures are definitely concerning of the thought of deeper issues at play. Both genuine oxford fans , both on paper you would think would be relishing the opportunity to be part of this next chapter? 😬🤔

He seems to have done a fantastic job particularly on the Stadium project.
Hopefully he will be guest of honour at the first game of the 2026/27 season in the new ground, and he will get huge thanks from the club.

Back
Top Bottom