New scoreboard

b96da59a4d0c6aa95399f30e5812df14.jpg

12 Nov
Think they switched off the rear video.

Wow! That will be easy for our brilliant goalie to pick out the flight of the ball coming towards him then? Lot of thought gone into that one…

Perhaps they will only turn it off when he’s at the east end…..just sayin.

I see the tactics here. Behold the nuclear fusion powered scoreboard in collaboration with JET.

Slow the ball down with solar winds from behind the goal, genius. It will never make it to the goal and accelerate the ball in the reverse direction so it flies into the goal at the east stand.

Just turn it off when we're shooting westward.

And all us supporters get a nice tan in time for the summer

Last edited:
I find the whole thing really odd and behind the goal, really…………..

All I'm hoping from it is that after it gets to 90 minutes (or 45), that it carries on and shows the added time played, rather than just stopping at 90.

All I'm hoping from it is that after it gets to 90 minutes (or 45), that it carries on and shows the added time played, rather than just stopping at 90.

Are they allowed to show injury time played? I may be wrong it but I don't remember seeing it elsewhere with stadium clocks.

Are they allowed to show injury time played? I may be wrong it but I don't remember seeing it elsewhere with stadium clocks.
Can't see why not, Sky shows it on screen. But it would involve someone actually paying attention and typing in the information at the right time. Of course, the scoreboard clock isn't an 'official' match time, which is probably why stoppage time isn't normally displayed.

• React
Reactions: MJB
With the scoreboard glowing so brightly 2 thoughts. Oufc sunglasses next item to be sold in the club shop, followed by can the club afford to run it with the current energy costs?

Not sure if there's a rule against it, but as stoppage time is a minimum, if the scoreboard showed 95:37, and only 4 minutes were added, then fans would get restless and players would harass the ref for the game to end, even though there may have been a 2 minute injury in stoppage time.

I noticed away at Ipswich they had two clocks next to each other, one showing actual time say 3:45pm, and the other showing match time elapsed 45minutes. So once you know the added stoppage time, could simply add that on to the actual time to work out when the final whistle should go.
I don't know if it is a rule but I think the match time always stops at 45minutes on stadium clocks/scoreboards.

Not sure if there's a rule against it, but as stoppage time is a minimum, if the scoreboard showed 95:37, and only 4 minutes were added, then fans would get restless and players would harass the ref for the game to end, even though there may have been a 2 minute injury in stoppage time.
Thank goodness none of us have watches or phones eh! 🤔

Back
Top Bottom