National News Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

What do we know of Anoosheh Ashoori. Haven’t heard this name mentiond much.

Another dual national visiting his parents.
Arrested for "spying for Mossad" initially.
According to Wiki - "Ashoori spent 10 years in the UK from 1972, while he studied mechanical and aeronautical engineering, returning to Iran to take care of his ailing father. He returned to the UK in 2005 to "expand his business abroad".
Its a dark & murky world at times.

I`m suggesting she may wish to rearrange her priorities.

Who is in charge now makes very little difference, as explained - its a long chain of events and she was used by the Iranian Government to get what they wanted.
I agree she was certainly used by the Iranian government. Why did the UK Government pay the owed money this week, instead of 6 years ago? It’s a valid point she raises.

I agree she was certainly used by the Iranian government. Why did the UK Government pay the owed money this week, instead of 6 years ago? It’s a valid point she raises.
It’s to do with UN/EU sanctions as far as I’m aware the money is with Oman and not with Iran and Oman will distribute it accordingly, apparently.😊

Change in President and Chief Justice in Iran.
The new guys were more accepting of a different approach.

Its not as one sided as some folk seem to think.

Change in President and Chief Justice in Iran.
The new guys were more accepting of a different approach.

Its not as one sided as some folk seem to think.
I’m not sure it would’ve made that much difference. I think the old regime would still have excepted the £400m they were asking for.

I’m not sure it would’ve made that much difference. I think the old regime would still have excepted the £400m they were asking for.

It seems the old regime was less open to finding a solution than the new one.
Of course it is about far more than the £400m, chuck in oil & the Iranian nuclear programme and it is ..... complicated.

There has been some serious B*****s spouted on this thread in the last day or two, even by this forum’s standards.

giphy.gif

It seems the old regime was less open to finding a solution than the new one.
Of course it is about far more than the £400m, chuck in oil & the Iranian nuclear programme and it is ..... complicated.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is still the Supreme Leader and it will be on his say so. The regime really hasn't changed, just a few underlings.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is still the Supreme Leader and it will be on his say so. The regime really hasn't changed, just a few underlings.

As we all know it depends on the people in the room and how they get on.

Nothing wrong with having a Supreme Leader BTW, retains stability. :)

Back
Top Bottom