Other European Nations league

Wow. A lesson in finishing. Hungary have taken every chance. England have have been awful.

There’s no defence for this from anyone.

Southgate has done more to progress this England side than any manager in recent times.

Oh it's 4-0 now. ROFL.
He has to be on his last legs with the England job. If we’re home after the first round in the World Cup he will be gone

Awful performance by England.
Zero creativity and non league defending where do England go from here?

Southgate is a negative and boring manager, who fell into the job through Allardyce's sacking, not through his success at club level. England has a wealth of talent - yes defensive, but also attacking - that hasn't been seen since 2006.

Going 6 hours without scoring is poor, and going to a back 5 when you need to chase the game is tactically incompetent, modern day full-backs operate as wing-backs anyway.

I'm no Karl Robinson fan, but even I'd prefer to see him manage this England side than Southgate. At least we'd see some competent attacking football.

That is a shambolic result, obviously. The players just haven't really looked up for any of these matches; there's not much Southgate can do about that. The booing is a bit ridiculous, IMO.

I think that the WC will be a different story. Mid season and a tournament people actually care about. Southgate has proven that he's capable of getting results in big tournaments, and I think he will do so again in Qatar.

Last edited:
That is a shambolic result, obviously. The players just haven't really looked up for any of these matches; there's not much Southgate can do about that. The booing is a big ridiculous, IMO.

I think that the WC will be a different story. Mid season and a tournament people actually care about. Southgate has proven that he's capable of getting results in big tournaments, and I think he will do so again in Qatar.
If I'd paid money for an expensive ticket to see England fall to their worst home defeat since 1928, I think I'd boo too.

Last edited:
From what I saw the Hungary passing was much crisper and they forced it in midfield. Quite a few players are made to look so much better by the non native players in their respective teams for sure.

Probably the usual bullshit from Southgate “ they’ve had a hard tiring season “ and they’re paid 100’s of thousand of pounds some weekly some monthly.
Now stones been sent off ref is a w****r
Does the amount they are paid impact their fatigue?

Whole team were all crap tonight but can’t see ramsdale playing again any time soon

If I'd paid money for an expensive ticket to see England fall to their worst defeat since 1928, I think I'd boo too.

Fair enough. I just don't think it's helpful. In fact I think it could be detrimental. The best thing about the last two tournaments is that there's been a genuine togetherness between the England team/management and the nation/fans. Getting back to the days of booing the team after every bad performance doesn't appeal to me.

It's also just a glorified bloody friendly.

Was there tonight. Hungary were absolutely superb. England were behind atrocious. You could tell half of them were going on their holidays tomorrow

He has to be on his last legs with the England job. If we’re home after the first round in the World Cup he will be gone
We came a penalty away from winning the Euros! No ones bothered about some lame friendlies, though it would annoying if you’d gone along. Time for the players to have a rest.

We came a penalty away from winning the Euros! No ones bothered about some lame friendlies, though it would annoying if you’d gone along. Time for the players to have a rest.
What about Hungary, Germany and Italy did those players not need a rest? Sorry but two more lane friendlies as you call them and then it’s the World Cup…..imagine if the World Cup was played at the normal time of the year, we would be the laughing stock.
It may sound harsh buts it’s honesty, we have been ooor for the four games so far.

Back
Top Bottom