Manager/Coach Mousinho to Pompey

MJB

Being widely reported that Mous is leading candidate for Pompey job. Will be a huge “what if” moment if he goes there and does a good job.

Would back off that one, things not very stable there at present, both inside and outside the club. Not the best place to start your managerial career..

Without sounding harsh I would hate to see him leave and be a success there, would feel like a massive missed opportunity. KR has always said he could be his successor.

Why don't KR step down and let him take charge of us then? Problem solved.

Would be a shame, I really like Mous and I think he’ll be popular with players wherever he goes

Thankfully Karl has built an extensive, experienced and capable coaching staff around him, so this wouldn’t be an issue if it came to fruition.

………………..
Will be hard for him to talk about a transfer committee when he is the only non-playing footballing full-time staff member left.

"Yeah y'know it's me, Chris Williams and the Tea Ladies, we all get together, so all this talk that it's just me is nonsense'

Will be hard for him to talk about a transfer committee when he is the only non-playing footballing full-time staff member left.

"Yeah y'know it's me, Chris Williams and the Tea Ladies, we all get together, so all this talk that it's just me is nonsense'
Can’t Leon go and do some scouting?

It would be a big loss for us and a great opportunity for him.
That said, in my mind he has become "part of the furniture" here and don't believe he would do well here...one of those where a fresh start is best for everyone.
If he goes, he does it with our blessing I am sure.

Robbo out mous in.
So we have has calls for MAPP and now Mous to he our manager.
I am not sure whether Mous would be a real risk?
Wouldn't a proper recruitment process be better?

I am not remotely close enough to know whether Mous would be good . I wouod expect him to be a good man manager. Not sure about tactics etc? Also contacts in the game and influence to get players in?

Our next manager needs to take us to promotion whoever it is

Can’t Leon go and do some scouting?

I’ve often felt our ballboys* are a bit lazy on matchdays.

If they’re not going to dart about when the ball goes out of play, they may as well as get on Football Manager on their phones and find the next big thing.

* I’m excusing the kid who kicked the Arsenal player’s drying towel here.

So we have has calls for MAPP and now Mous to he our manager.
I am not sure whether Mous would be a real risk?
Wouldn't a proper recruitment process be better?

I am not remotely close enough to know whether Mous would be good . I wouod expect him to be a good man manager. Not sure about tactics etc? Also contacts in the game and influence to get players in?

Our next manager needs to take us to promotion whoever it is
Mous has that really calm well-spoken manner which makes you think he'd be good, don't know how much substance there is. Portsmouth would be a very testing place to start, with a large and critical fan base.

Back
Top Bottom