General Most Loved/Hated Music

Another acquired taste .
Recorded live.
First saw them in 1969 somewhere off St Giles.
Then 49 years later at The Palladium.

Last edited:
It's Sunday.

I used to fly, drive a lot. I liked Calexico a lot, the link captures their early spirit, I don't think it's early Calexico.

I hope this holds the sound of the future. Not all of it.

]

And, best piano backing ever? Maligned woman, Esther....

Have a good week.

Another acquired taste .
Recorded live.
Crimson arenโ€™t really my favourites, a bit serious and unrelenting. But I saw them at the Poly in about 1983 I think, anyone else? With the guy who played with Talking Heads, Adrian Belew.

Another acquired taste .
Recorded live.
Yes, King Crimson one of my top bands, I've seen them live a few times, including a great set at the famous 1971 Weeley Festival. The spinoff '21st Century Schizoid Band' were very good too.
I still love most of that 70s prog, Genesis, Camel, Yes and especially Van Der Graaf Generator. A great time for music as in the States you had Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Allman Bros and of course, Bob Dylan.

This is quite nice.

Read it aloud, it's in an old language called Occitan. Some sort of translation bbelow

Only just seen this, oddly enough, I was in Toulouse last year and saw a local group called called Cocanha - I couldn't make out the language but was informed it was Occitan, which is spoken in France, Italy, Catalonia and Morroco and now an endangered language:

Nice. I probably should have said something like Provencal dialect of Occittan, it must have changed a fair bit since the 12th century.

I forgot to thank you for this recommendation, been part of my daily listening for weeks now. Some it is even reminiscent of the Roses to me. They're awesome.
They are good arenโ€™t they, tough and grungy but also quite soulful and almost folky at times. The lead singer has done a solo album too which sounded good from what I heard.

Back
Top Bottom