Music

Does anybody remember Ace - with Paul Carrack - playing before & at half time at the Manor in 1975? I see "How Long" is back in the charts courtesy of an Amazon advert!

If you are looking for something to waste a few lockdown hours, here is a links list to hundreds of Peel Sessions...

... Loads of top bands and classic performances.
Lol amongst the obviously too bands there, many a few years before you thought they actually existed, I noted Shonen Knife. They did the Highway to Hell gig in Fremantle this year just before covid (trucks driving down 15km of Highway with bands on the back playing AC/DC toons with 100,000 punters standing on the other carriageway).
I knew I’d heard of them before, but didn’t realise they’d been on JP 28 years ago!

The album that never was- but is now ...for Free (if you wish) Holy Roman Empire - Illusion of Chaos

between 1995 & 2001 Holy Roman Empire were something of an institution ( some may say they should have been in an institution!) in Oxford - they also had something of a fanbase in North London, Brixton, Aldershot & Bristol

their xmas single Holy Water Baby was also released with an Oxford United mix , with all profits from the sale of that version going to the staff at OUFC who wernt being paid at the time (Robin Herd was chairman/ Owner of OUFC at that time)- They also played in the supporters club before the home match v Birmingham city -result of which was , until the home game under Clotet V Wigan , the Us record home defeat (1-7) ..... Holy Roman Empire released several EPs and singles , they also had various track included on a plethora of compilation albums, but never , until now ( ok to be precise late last year) released an album

Virtual online festival June 6 with Stone Foundation , and very special guest - details on the flyer below...

99424919_10157416123859607_1520957836316639232_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom