League One Morecambe takeover

Well this sounds like a perfect test case for the EFL's new and improved fit and proper persons test! Is there actually anyone that they would say no to?

All in the week where the BOE or Government (can’t remember which) have stated cryptocurrencies can’t be trusted……

All in the week where the BOE or Government (can’t remember which) have stated cryptocurrencies can’t be trusted……
Both have an interest in suppressing crypto as it directly threatens their sphere of influence.

Obviously certain schemes (like with any financial product) are cons and the above Sarb Capital certainly looks like a con!

Stalled takeover has probably lead to big clear out at Morecambe, some familiar names released. Ripley, Crowley,Obika, Gnahoua {I think} all played for us with limited success. Stockton has been linked with us every window for years, Niasse went to Everton for big bucks, and Silva Mendes very highly rated a year or 2 ago. Extreme belt tightening due to a combination of relegation and take over?

Stalled takeover has probably lead to big clear out at Morecambe, some familiar names released. Ripley, Crowley,Obika, Gnahoua {I think} all played for us with limited success. Stockton has been linked with us every window for years, Niasse went to Everton for big bucks, and Silva Mendes very highly rated a year or 2 ago. Extreme belt tightening due to a combination of relegation and take over?

Due to the takeover. The owners have transferred some shares in return for cash to keep the club going. The FL aren't happy about this from what I've read. They'll be screwed, at least for next season, if this drags on but the FL need to stand firm as the prospective buyer doesn't look great from what I've read.

Looks like they could be the next Scunthorpe and drop through the leagues and into non league.

Thank god we have traditional and well supported clubs like Salford, Forest Green, and Stevenage to replace them o_O

Thank god we have traditional and well supported clubs like Salford, Forest Green, and Stevenage to replace them o_O

Tbf, they are no different from Stevenage in how they moved through the league's. Salford/Forest Green/Crawley etc however.

Concerning update from the board at Morecambe FC:

That 'noise' is media/supporters challenging the potential sale to a possible new owner with serious questions about where the money is coming from, and FL won't pass as a fit & proper owner so far. So a poor phrase all in all.

I may be wrong but I think the Bond Group are the same lot who owned Worcester Rugby Club that went bust.

Hopefully they get themselves sorted with new owners but not Sarb Capital.

Back
Top Bottom