Morecambe v Barnet

West Oxon U’s

It shows the size of a club when they struggle to get enough fans to fill a supporters coach for a must win match.

£40 return though seems very steep!

£40 for a cracking weekend in Morecambe - can't be sniffed at

Both are relative minnows in FL terms so it’s little surprise to see them both down there. Morecambe have been a fairly steady presence in League 2 for a fair few years now, but the longer you stay the more you tend to stagnate. Even the appearances of Kevin Ellison are making it hard work for them this year. Jim Bentley at Morecambe is the third longest serving manager in the FL as well – that record could well go over the next two weeks.

MAcclesfield are up, TRanmere or Sutton in play off semis, with two from Aldershot, Ebbsfleet & four would-be FL debutants.
Salford City (with Max Crocombe) have won Conf North, Brackley in play off semi spot as well.

MAcclesfield are up, TRanmere or Sutton in play off semis, with two from Aldershot, Ebbsfleet & four would-be FL debutants.
Salford City (with Max Crocombe) have won Conf North, Brackley in play off semi spot as well.

Ok....

Two of only three clubs in the football league that average under 2000 fans a game (although the third has obviously just gone and won League Two - all hail John Coleman)

Don't think that League Two would particularly miss either of them (although I'm sure Barnet will be back - they've already won the conference three times to get into the football league in the past 30 years). Although unless Tranmere win the playoffs, it's not exactly going to be a massive club replacing them!

Also well done to Macclesfield. I would say "Glad to see them back in the football league", but I can't imagine there's anyone outside of Macclesfield that's excited by the prospect of more trips up there!

from a selfish perspective I'd rather travel to Macc than say, Gillingham or Stephenidge

Always found Barnet a very friendly and enjoyable day out. Would be a shame to see them go down.

Martin Allen is a god up there. Think he’s managed to rescue them twice before and I wouldn’t be surprised if he made it three

Barnet had no chance seemingly when he took over.

10 points from four, and it looks like it could happen now; they need a win + a Morecambe loss on the last day, but they're playing at home to already-relegated Chesterfield, whilst Morecambe are away to Coventry, who need a result to ensure they make the playoffs.

Maybe this time he'll hang around?