General MK at home followed by Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one problem I can see we could loose our momentum where others are falling which could be a reverse when or if it restarts .
Perhaps with this delay perhaps Matt Holland might be back then?

Just get someone to sim the rest of the season of Football Manager and see what it spits out.
Or, each game is played as a "best of 11" tournament of "soccer physics" (each leg is a different player from each squad). Would take about 90 mins. I'd watch that on ifollow.

Only one problem I can see we could loose our momentum where others are falling which could be a reverse when or if it restarts .
Perhaps with this delay perhaps Matt Holland might be back then?

I know that there was talk of GP's coming out of retirement to help the crisis, but Matt Holland will be 46 in April and retired 10 years ago!! Might be worth bringing him in on a pay as you play deal and subbing him on with Mackie in the 93rd minute!!!

Your comment is entirely incorrect as explained by the experts flanking Boris Johnson yesterday. Please can everyone watch this video.
What you suggest will cause the red curve below. Childcare will be forced into the hands of grandparents who are the population at risk of suffering the bad symptoms as a result of this. There will be no healthcare without childcare.

flattening_the_curve_final.jpg
Other countries have factored your above statement into the equation and still decided to close their schools.
So the rest of Europe that is closing schools is wrong, and boris is right? Doesn't add up I'm afraid. boris has seemingly got this so wrong.

Who was the angry fan on Twitter who gave the club a hard time a few weeks ago about a fixture being cancelled. Think we should reach out to him and let him know what's happened today.

Other countries have factored your above statement into the equation and still decided to close their schools.
So the rest of Europe that is closing schools is wrong, and boris is right? Doesn't add up I'm afraid. boris has seemingly got this so wrong.
It is not a question of whether to close schools or not it is a question of when to have the most benefit.

You seem a bit excited by all of this but I'll address your point and ignore the commentary. The "grand gesture" is a CYA move brought on by the noises from the media and punters that they "need to do something" and "show some leadership". By all means call off individual games if either side had a significant number of players self isolating, but a blanket suspension runs counter to the medical advice and achieves nothing in terms of preventing the spread of coronavirus at this point in time. The emergency services are not at breaking point, but if they do get to that point them I'm sure the government advice will change.
But other leagues in Europe have been suspended to try and prevent the spread of this virus.....why should we be any different?

So that could be another busy month for us in April if football starts again......that could be 8 games played in April

But other leagues in Europe have been suspended to try and prevent the spread of this virus.....why should we be any different?

Hopefully because our strategy, based on scientific and medical analysis and advice, is the best for this country's current situation. Just because we've taken a different approach to other countries doesn't necessarily mean it's not the best plan for us. Time will tell, of course.

So that could be another busy month for us in April if football starts again......that could be 8 games played in April
Given that April is three weeks away and we won't even be at anywhere near the peak of infection by then (if you believe the projections) I think there are more likely to be 0 games played in April than 8.

Probably won't be any games in April Baz. The infection rate will be worse then. Mid May at the earliest would be more likely. But I would put money on the season being over now. Shame if so and I can see lots of court cases coming up for the EFL whatever they decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom