General MK at home followed by Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really struggling to understand why so many people are taking this so personally. I like going to football too, but I’m not sure that pointing at everything else and going “Well what about that?! And that?! AND THAT?!” is really the point.

If they are going that far, and for it not to be pointless, they will have to ban people from going anywhere that isn't a necessity:

Shops (apart from food)
Pubs
Restaurants
Cinemas
Museums
Libraries
All entertainment venues
And so on
Just like Wuhan then.

I’m really struggling to understand why so many people are taking this so personally. I like going to football too, but I’m not sure that pointing at everything else and going “Well what about that?! And that?! AND THAT?!” is really the point.
Surely that's exactly the point.

Well no but the point is it's either seen as a widespread problem or it's not, in which case the sensible thing to do is stop all because we live in a society where it's a me me me attitude and you'll still have people doing other things instead.

Surely that's exactly the point.
Yes, they hate you and your hobby is the only thing that will be affected. Nothing else will change. It’s only football and the rest of society will be allowed to carry on as normal. Also, everything totally works and operates the same way - there are no differences between anything and the risks that they impose. It’s one size fits all. You can bet your bottom dollar that even if virtually everything is affected, I’ll be micro analysing every last part of every last decision to make sure it’s perfectly fair. Obviously as an expert in every single field I’ll consider every possible angle there could possibly be before making my ultimate ruling.

I won’t let you down. Justice is coming.

Yes, they hate you and your hobby is the only thing that will be affected. Nothing else will change. It’s only football and the rest of society will be allowed to carry on as normal. Also, everything totally works and operates the same way - there are no differences between anything and the risks that they impose. It’s one size fits all. You can bet your bottom dollar that even if virtually everything is affected, I’ll be micro analysing every last part of every last decision to make sure it’s perfectly fair. Obviously as an expert in every single field I’ll consider every possible angle there could possibly be before making my ultimate ruling.

Well, apart from the rant, is there any logic?

I also like going to the cinema. Why stop people going to football, but still let them go to the cinema, for example? A reasoned argument would be preferable.

Unless you are a top civil servant or the club secretary I don’t see how you can be ITK on this, but I agree that it’s unlikely we’ll see the season out. Behind closed doors would be hard to manage as you’d still get people turning up and getting into scraps

Well, apart from the rant, is there any logic?

I also like going to the cinema. Why stop people going to football, but still let them go to the cinema, for example? A reasoned argument would be preferable.

Well China banned people from the cinema in most of the country; I believe Japan & South Korea have closed a lot of cinemas and Italy, Austria & the Czech Republic (probably amongst others) have closed all cinemas.

That ban is coming as well, if Covid-19 continues to get worse. Basically, most of the entertainment industry is going to struggle.....except Netflix and Amazon Prime!

Cancelling, or playing every game behind closed doors won't do nothing in stopping this spreading across the country so I don't see the point.

She is saying you are more likely to be infected when indoors rather than outdoors, which is true.
So why should we ban people going to events where there are large gatherings of the likelihood expected at football grounds if people are saying you’re less likely to catch it outside?

As the club stated at the time, they weren't obliged to provide that and, hopefully, most of us didn't take them up on it!

There was also the refund offered to the 100 or so of us that went to Bury that snowy night, and were well beaten, not to be confused with.

So why should we ban people going to events where there are large gatherings of the likelihood expected at football grounds if people are saying you’re less likely to catch it outside?
We shouldn't ban them. That's the point.

We shouldn't ban them. That's the point.
No we shouldn’t but it does make a mockery of what that person said yesterday, safer outdoors rather than indoors and now certain events are being cancelled as a result of the coronavirus, so with what they said why are outdoor events starting to be cancelled with this Saturdays fixtures possibly at risk, then why was that comment made.

No we shouldn’t but it does make a mockery of what that person said yesterday, safer outdoors rather than indoors and now certain events are being cancelled as a result of the coronavirus, so with what they said why are outdoor events starting to be cancelled with this Saturdays fixtures possibly at risk, then why was that comment made.

Because outdoor events attract larger gatherings of people. It's not binary.

Because outdoor events attract larger gatherings of people. It's not binary.
And people have to use the transport system to get there.
No point highlighting any of this. It shouldn’t need explaining that gatherings on the scale of football matches, where many, many thousands of people sit shoulder to shoulder for a sustained period of time, sharing facilities and so forth, are potentially not going to help when a virus is doing the rounds. It shouldn’t need explaining that mass gatherings such as these are one of the very few where people have sustained contact with the people around them without moving around, rather than moving past people at pace like you’d see in the street or in a shop, where individuals pass each other for just a split second. It certainly shouldn’t be the case that a sensible and responsible approach to a totally unknown, potentially very nasty virus is being batted away, purely because “if all other places in the world don’t have exactly the same things imposed on them then it isn’t fair.”

Yet here we are. It’s embarrassing.

Right okay so what they’re saying is only ticket holders get the streaming service, but surely you should get the choice of a refund or being able to watch the stream? I pay £10 for an ifollow stream which me and my dad watch if I can’t make a game but this is saying we’ve just paid £56 (for 2 x tickets) for one stream? Doesn’t really seem fair. I know I’m going to get jumped on saying the club needs the money, stop being selfish but if I’m losing work then I can’t really afford to be losing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom