Live music post-covid

couple of dates worth err, targetting .... if you're music taste leans in a particular direction....

Oxford Town Hall are hosting live music shows this year, - including tour dates ... From The Jam ( featuring Bruce Foxton) & The Selecter,

..... as well as 'Mods Mayday' - Secret Affair, Kenney Jones, Chords UK, The Truth, The Vapors, Squire, Fay Hallam's Makin' Time, Purple Hearts II, Circles, The Deep Six , Killermeters .... the latter is part of a 9 date May tour, which features 'a selection' of the bands listed, NOT all acts listed will appear on every date

couple of dates worth err, targetting .... if you're music taste leans in a particular direction....

Oxford Town Hall are hosting live music shows this year, - including tour dates ... From The Jam ( featuring Bruce Foxton) & The Selecter,

..... as well as 'Mods Mayday' - Secret Affair, Kenney Jones, Chords UK, The Truth, The Vapors, Squire, Fay Hallam's Makin' Time, Purple Hearts II, Circles, The Deep Six , Killermeters .... the latter is part of a 9 date May tour, which features 'a selection' of the bands listed, NOT all acts listed will appear on every date
Ooh I've met Fay Hallam, she seemed very cool. Not sure I want to be stuck in the Town Hall with 500 mods however ...

Thought you'd be all over the Mods Mayday event Sarge... Didn't realise The Selecter were due in town, might have to see about getting to that with Mrs M.

Ooh I've met Fay Hallam, she seemed very cool. Not sure I want to be stuck in the Town Hall with 500 mods however ...
me too - she is, ( interviewed her several times for my dayjob over the years) ..... albeit with 2 ex-members of Makin' Time now in The Deep Six , and there is a bit of 'controversy' with Fay playing a few dates under the name Fay Hallam's Makin' Time, I wouldn't expect the two acts to feature on the same Tour dates

* if memory serves Makin' Time played Oxford a couple of times in the early 80s, - maybe Im misremembering( I may be), one of those visits maybe been at Oxford City's White House Ground social club? ... Im sure they, Makin' Time, played at The Jericho Tavern once, or twice, in the early 80s

Last edited:
Thought you'd be all over the Mods Mayday event Sarge... Didn't realise The Selecter were due in town, might have to see about getting to that with Mrs M.
Oxford Town Hall -April 16 ... From The Jam doing a 'Sound Affects' show.... with support from The Selecter plus ( on some tour dates) The Vapors and The Truth

Mods Mayday tour? ... not for me, Ive seen all the bands many times over the years, and when they were at their peak, sad but true, most of them are tribute bands to themselves now ... I prefer to see the likes of Stone Foundation ( new album out in March ) , or The Sha La La's ( new single out in March)

I see that in my part of town promoters are starting to put gigs on in new places - Florence Park community centre, the Port Mahon, the Gladiator Club. Hopefully a sign that live music will continue to adapt and thrive.
I'm tempted to go to Florence Park Community Centre to see Cassels tonight.

Oxford Town Hall -April 16 ... From The Jam doing a 'Sound Affects' show.... with support from The Selecter plus ( on some tour dates) The Vapors and The Truth

Mods Mayday tour? ... not for me, Ive seen all the bands many times over the years, and when they were at their peak, sad but true, most of them are tribute bands to themselves now ... I prefer to see the likes of Stone Foundation ( new album out in March ) , or The Sha La La's ( new single out in March)
FTJ , Selecter plus special guests.... Tickets are around £40 in booking fee !

FTJ , Selecter plus special guests.... Tickets are around £40 in booking fee !
Saw both at the Assembly Leamington spa just before Xmas the best £40 I’d spent for a long time , not to be missed

I see that in my part of town promoters are starting to put gigs on in new places - Florence Park community centre, the Port Mahon, the Gladiator Club. Hopefully a sign that live music will continue to adapt and thrive.

Went to the Florrie Park CC last night for Cassels. They were awesome, incidentally. Organised by Divine Schism. Gappy Tooth have started their monthly slots at the Port Mahon (although they cancelled the first one in January). Bring your own PA, apparently! I don’t know the Gladiator?

Back
Top Bottom