Live music post-covid

Wasn’t that I was on about, I was watching the news as I read your post and that didn’t fill me with hope for a return to normality, but fingers crossed.
I can see an increase in restrictions, possibly starting 24th of May so the increase of infection especially the new variants can be monitored.

Bullingdon..... Friday September 17th - Hands off Gretel.

Recommended by me. (y)

Be quick, it`ll sell out.

Bullingdon..... Friday September 17th - Hands off Gretel.

Recommended by me. (y)

Be quick, it`ll sell out.
To be fair, a female punk rock band 'for fans of L7, Garbage, and Hole' sounds like a top evening.

Anyone going to Kanadia tonight?
Unfortunately not, it fell on the only Friday for ages that I couldn't get into Oxford. Really like the two new tracks they have unveiled recently as well. As I couldn't make it and wanted to support them in some way I did finally get round to purchasing their debut album on Vinyl however.

Did my first post-Covid gig last Saturday, next one tomorrow. As you'd probably expect, people were happy to see some live music and it got some people into the (small pub) venue. TBH it was as if Covid didn't exist, punters up and dancing, singing along.

Was it safe? Probably not, if I'm honest. I can't wear a mask when singing, the attendees wanted to come and shake hands etc afterwards, it was indoors, warm and pretty confined. The venue had paid some sort of lip-service to safety with bottles of hand sanitiser here and there, but that was about it.

But I have to admit, I am now at the stage that I have been double jabbed and am happy to accept the risks. The other band members have decided it's OK for them as well. And people coming to see us just have to make their own minds up what level of risk they are prepared to take for a raucous evening out.

My first DJ gig, playing out live (of two this weekend) since restrictions finally lifted tonight

Then a bigger one in Chatham tomorrow night

Last March I was supposed to be singing in a new opera by Tim finn, and it was cancelled half way through rehearsals because of covid. Things have been pretty good here and the opera was back on the schedule for this august but half way through it’s cancelled again because the NZ travel bubble’s popped (even though no covid in WA) and mr finn and his mates wouldn’t be able to get here. Well depressing.

I've a couple of tickets to the White Lakes gig on Friday night at The Bullingdon going spare due to illness. Don't really want them to go to waste, so if you want them drop me a DM and I'll email them across - first come first served.

I like the idea of showcasing local music before the game and at half time, and it would be easy to provide direct links through the clubs twitter/Facebook accounts as well as a feature in the programme.

But the walk out music needs to be something rousing that gets everyone going. It's like a warm up routine for the crowd. I'd actually like maybe 4 or 5 songs cut together that build from 10 minutes before the game towards the moment the players walk out. That is our time to get in our seats and get a little hyped ourself and can maybe link into displays by the ultras.

Songs like Kassabian - Clubfoot, EMF - Unbelievable, Fat Boy Slim - Rockafella Skank, Underworld - Born Slippy etc along with some of those already mentioned. It doesn't matter if people know the words, we're not looking for a choir. But the nana na na na na etc in clubfoot will get people involved before finishing with Thunderstruck as the players come onto the pitch in a big crescendo!

@OUSP Secretary - happy to take on a musical directors role as required!!!

Are they being sold at face value or is there a significant markup?
Don't even go there :ROFLMAO:

I don't want anything for them, just for them to be used and maybe someone find a new young band they like.

Back
Top Bottom